How to act on a first date?

my first date ever is coming up and I'm dead nervous. I met him online and we decided it's time to meet each other. we're going to grab a coffee or something somewhere first and we're going to the movies after that. I'm excited to meet him, but I'm scared that it's going to be really awkward. what if there's nothing to talk about? I doubt it, but you never know.

and it's not only that, but even though he knows what I look like, I'm scared he will think I'm some unattractive kid. help me calm down a little?

What Guys Said 2

• It's always a bit awkward at first meeting someone off the internet but what you should do is pick a few topics in advance to talk about, almost like a script, just to get conversation flowing. If there's chemistry between you two then it should get some momentum of its own. My advice though is to have very low expectations. I've met a lot of people off the net and your mind plays tricks on you, making stuff up about the other person when really you have no idea. Everyone does it but unfortunately it leads to disappointments. Anyway, keep your hopes high but don't expect anything huge to happen and you'll be able to handle the whole internet dating thing. Otherwise it can become pretty hurtful and not worth the stress.

• thank you. I don't have high expectations. I pretty much hope for the best, but expect the worst. I will try to think of a few things to talk about and keep that in mind then :)

• Keep the conversation light at first though. No heavy opinion topics like religion.

• Honestly you shouldn't "act" just be yourself, there's nothing worse than finding out later on someone isn't who they said they were.

• i know, I didn't mean it like that, haha. I just don't want to come off as too nervous or anything.

• Lol I see, but yeah usually the chemistry is there right away and noticeable from the start. When I first met my girlfriend EVERYTHING just fell into place, and I "acted" like myself haha.

What Girls Said 0