Dating sites and the like?

I'm sure everyone has seen the little ads for dating sites on pages across the net, Singles in *your place here*, Get laid tonight in *your place here*. Does anyone know if these actually work? I'm not talking about eHarmony and those main stream ones, I mean the smaller ones

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know about those "Singles in your area" ads. I've never tried them.

I met my fiance on POF link before it became big and they started making changes so you have to pay for certain things. I believe it is still free to create an account and chat with people though. I don't know what you are looking for - a booty call or a real relationship. You can find both on that website. It's just harder to find a real relationship.

• aboslutely not. a friend of mine suggested I try one and I was jsut wondering

What Girls Said 8

• I doubt it. The larger dating sites are tricky enough as it is, but the small ones that say that there are singles in your area are just about the sketchiest things I've ever seen.

• Ugh I hate dating sites and that happens in a lot of normal ones too

• They are a pain in the ass on this site!

• Yea,they work. I'm on a couple and have met some great guys on them:)

Good luck!

• Dating sites? Oh you mean hooker sites. Yes they do work if you got the cash.

• i find it funny GAG allows these sites as ads but so strict about the sex questions

• Yes they do!

• try it and let us know

What Guys Said 3

• No. Most of the big websites are paysites, you join and they disable most features until you "upgrade". For example, they may configure their search algorithms to favor the premium members. Or they make you upgrade to include a picture, respond to messages, or something basic like that. On the other hand, the "small" websites are just virus-filled scams, mainly cam sites, and you'll find these same sites advertising on p*rn sites.

The biggest exception I've seen is PlentyOfFish, a totally free website with millions of members. I'm not a user of the site, but (lol) I help my my mother out on it. She's new to the whole internet dating thing, is incapable of writing a proper profile and is constantly trying to figure out what a guy means by a particular statement. It's like a second moderating job. xD I'm just glad she doesn't use THIS site, or even know about it. At least I don't think she does. Oh wow. That's a terrifying thought.

So. Ignore large paysites, ignore small scam sites. Check out POF. Free, lots of members, even in my area (Idaho, so you know the pickings are slim!) there are plenty of guys my mother's age looking to date -- so an 18yo wouldn't have any troubles.

• How does it work?

1. You give them money

2. You try their service

3. You get progressively disillusioned

4. You quit using the site

5. They spend your money on golf clubs and spa treatments

6. The rich get richer (and more corrupt) and you get angrier and more violent.

7. You end up dead or in jail.

• nope they are fake