Ladies if a guy asked you to hang out would you consider it a date or just two people hanging out?

i asked her what would she say I want it a date instead of hanging out. She said sure, so its a date now. If the girl accepts the date does that mean she likes the guy?

Most Helpful Girl

• i used to immediately assume it was just to hang out, as I've gotten older that assumption has gotten me into a couple embarrassing situations. Now I try to read into just exactly what the dude is expecting before agreeing to hang out.

It's kinda sad really, because I feel comfortable hanging out with dudes, it's sad when some ruin it by the whole male/female bullsh*t.

• yea but if he ends up paying for everything then it would be a date right?

• with me I have a hard time asking girls out, so saying we would hang out would be easier for me and then end up paying for her.

• No, it's never a good idea, sometimes it can come across as a deception, and creepy. I know its a bitch, but confidence is a thing that attracts women. You are just going to have to fake it, and ask them out on dates, if you want the best result.

What Girls Said 8

• If it's a guy that I've just met , I would assume that it's a date. If it's one of my guy friends , I would assume that it's just hanging out.

• i met this girl a couple of weeks ago, but I'm afraid to tell her its a date.

• Well she probably already knows it's date. If she doesn't know, just wait till the date ends and ask her "did you enjoy your yourself? would you want to go on another date with me?" The word "another" will make know that it was a date. Most probably she will accept to go on another date if she enjoys the first one.

• @ update, most probably

• I would assume it's just hanging out.

• It depends on if the two of you call it a date.

• hanging out :P

• She may not necessarily like him, but she is open to learning more about the guy, and interested in seeing how things go. It's possible she has just decided that she is going to be more out going and social, and one way is by accepting more dates.

• if it was just the two of us, I would assume it's a date

• Secretly think its a date.

• it depends if we like each other or were just platonic

if we like each other id want it to be a date

What Guys Said 3

• It would depend on who pays, what the activity is, etc.

• what if the guy pays without her knowing?

• Umm...how would she not know?

• If she lets you pay for everything ... without offering to split, or saying "Ill treat next time"... sounds a little like a date to me.

I think girls are naive when they think you're just 'hanging out'.

• They'd just think you want to hang out. If you want a date, say it's a date.