Perfect pattie or sloppy sally?

Ok guys... would you ever consider dating or marrying a gal that isn't anal retentive about cleaning house? If she had loads of laundry out (clean, but not folded), a few dishes in the sink and a few pieces of mail spread out, would you run for the hills?

Most Helpful Guy

• Pffffftt.Not a problem. I'm looking for partner, not a maid. I'm the same way, I don't do everything at once but it gets done.

What Guys Said 8

• My ex was a borderline hoarder... and I couldn't stand it. Had to actually give up the use of the living room because it wasn't even possible to walk through the area, there was so much crap in there. Not only were there piles of clothes, books, papers, dirty dishes everywhere, but most of these things were untouchable- any attempt to clean up the disaster usually ended in a fight..

What you are describing doesn't sound too bad though. I think I could live with it.

• Not really. I'm really messy myself, so a clean girlfriend makes me clean much more.

• Someone with a philosophy just like mine would be great - not an anal-retentive neat freak, but not a total mess either. Someone who likes things clean and tidy, but isn't OCD about it.

• And by OCD, you mean she freaks out and cries in the bathroom if the top is off the toothpaste?

• LOL yes! I have a friend who swear to Beetlejuice sshe has a plastic cubby for EVERYTHING. Right down to Qtips. She raises holy hell if anything isn't cleaned after its used. Her house is immaculate though, but I just don't think I can take the pressure! Lol

• "Swear to Beetlejuice" just might become my new favorite phrase, thinking about stealing it! But yeah, no disrespect to your friend, but I couldn't ever date someone like her. There's a way to be clean and orderly, but I think that's taking it too far.

• what you describe doesn't sound too bad...but I have seen stacks of sh*t and filthy houses and hoarders...cannot live that way...

• eh.. depends to what degree. I'm anal about that sh*t. I don't mind doing it, and playing maid in general... but when it gets too crazy then I start to go crazy. If I felt like she was abusing me I would get pissed off. She could leave crap in the sink but could she at least scrub the really nasty sh*t off the utensils? I'd appreciate that. I'd get a basket for the mail. I don't expect perfection but I'd like it if she's sensitive to my little complex about cleaning...

• Yeah I can understand organization, but do you get nervous when you show up unannounced ans see her house a bit... cluttered?

• That sounds good to me, much better than what I was expecting.

• i wouldn't care as long as she isn't dirty

• Real life, layed back Liz! My kind of lady!

What Girls Said 1

• haha great way of putting it.

but I doubt some hair is going to really turn a guy away if he was in love

• Lol my ex swore up and down a man would never put up with unfolded clothes... this while I was working 2 jobs and 7 mos prego... and he didn't do jack all day. So I had to ask what is really up with that! Lol