is online dating okay? how do you avoid creepy people? how do you keep it safe?
- Online dating is a bad idea in this day and age0% (0)25% (2)11% (2)Vote
- Online dating works, why not try it!100% (11)75% (6)89% (17)Vote
Most Helpful Girl
I think it's fine.
Here are some tips:
1. Take the time to chat with the person for a bit and get a feel for them before agreeing to meet them in person. Pay attention if anything they say might seem a bit "off".
2. Webcam, if you can. This is a good way to see if a person really is who they say they are, if their pictures are up-to-date, etc.
3. Meet in a public place, let someone know where you're going, etc.
4. Keep in mind that there are "creepy" people offline too. You may end up going on a date with someone who is a creep even if you didn't meet them initially online. Conduct yourself in the same way you would any other date (i.e. maybe it's not the best idea to go home with someone you don't know after your date).
I've met countless people online in person (mainly as friends, but a few dates as well). I've never had any bad experiences and most people are pretty normal, even if I didn't necessarily "connect" with them. Sure, there is a small risk that you might run into some trouble, but I think the risk is exaggerated by the media. The majority of people online aren't "predators", they're just regular people (and as I mentioned, even people you meet in person could potentially be bad people).2
- Show AllShow Less