At what age would you like to have a child?

Doctors say that the optimal age to have a child is from 20 to 24 years of age. I think that's crazy talk.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't even know if I want to have a child. :/

What Guys Said 15

• I'd like to have had a kid by that age. Not because of the physically optimal age or anything like that, but because I've always wanted to have a family. Hopefully, one day I'll have a kid (once I find the right girl). I'd really like to have a daughter, but I'm also scared to, because I know full well I'd be the kind of dad she could wrap around her little finger. I'd treat her like a princess, while reminding any boys that come around, "if you make her cry, I'll make you cry."

• Mine will be at the age of 30, My girlfriend wants to have kids when she's 25, I'm like "F**k That!" . Sorry, just not ready for that kind of responsibility yet, I know friends I went to school with who have kids now =(

• cause we would have been together for 10 friggin years. you don't even want to get married till you're 30 and I'm saying F***that =.=

• =P MWAHAHAHAHA!

• how is it crazy talk ? that's when women are at their reproductive peak.

• Yes, but minority of them are really ready to be mothers! ...so it is crazy talk...

• Somewhere around 25-28 would be ideal but my parents were 31 and 32 when they had me and they were better off financialy to raise me because of it

• I don't. It's more not wanting to bring another me into this world, self loathing and well pathetic.

Also, being told you will be a good father by girls when you're like 18 makes you not want them. IE I'm so sweet etc that I wouldn't date you until I want kids.

• Between 26 and 30... Depends on a few things.

• definitely waiting at least two after I'm done with college...so like 27ish

• I won't put an age prediction on it, it'll just disappoint me when it doesn't happen.

• I agree...but we had our boy when my wife was 40 & I turned 44...and that, My Dear, is even crazier...:O

• i would love to have a kid when I'm like 23 or 24.

• Biologically it's probably younger.

But the way society has developed now that's not practical.

• Between 28 and 32. Almost can't wait because I REALLY want a son.

• -1? Looks like a woman wants to bare my children now.

• Honestly? Soon I hope. Within 5 years?

• 26

• I don't want to be a father before 28 years - for sure . I think after that I need to have a really sweet and caring partner to make a baby . Preferably, I would like a kid when I am 30 or more because by then I am well aware of my future I guess.

What Girls Said 32

• I'm not going to restrict myself to an age. I need a career before I bring in more people to the world. I'm only 20 and won't be graduating for another 5-8 years depending on which degrees I pursue.

• Yes that's a good idea. Don't put an age restriction on it, because how might you feel when that age comes and it doesn't happen?

• It wouldn't be a big deal to me since I plan on adopting a billion kids when I'm40-50ish anyways :P

• I agree. There's no way I'd have a child before I turned 25, probably later. I want to experience life and have a career first, travel a little too.

I think you should only have a child when you have a steady income and are totally ready for them emotionally. Therefore you can give the girl/boy the things they need to be happy and healthy while maintaining a comfortable life yourself.

Most people say money doesn't matter and true it doesn't affect how you love that child but money could definitely be a huge source of problems.

So I'd only have a child when I was certain I was ready and could care for him/her emotionally and was financially stable.

• I am thinking mid to late twenties :) I am 22 right now so I still have a few more years. But I would understand if I had to wait. There is a lot of stuff in my life that I need to do before I can have a kid. But some people don't wait and jump right into it. I guess it depends on the person.

• I I'm thinking about the age of 28 because ill be ugly by then I might as well just have a kid or two.

• lol I like your reasoning

• lol yea that's most women in truth... once their looks fade they wana snag some poor bastard and pop out kids and pay for em with his bank account lol

• 30 at the latest I think. I want to get my MA, then think about marriage and decide about kids or PhD- not sure which order yet. Only time will tell.

• I would love to get a child at age 24! I know it might be young and I'm only 17, but I wouldn't like to be a mom that's so much older than her own child. I don't know exactly why, maybe I'm the only one thinking like this?

• Never.

• Never. I can't see myself being a mother EVER. The thought of being pregnant and giving up my life (I know it sounds selfish) for a baby just doesn't appeal to me at all. I suppose I'm only 19 now though, and most people my age would think that. But honestly, the only way I'd have a kid was if it happened by accident and that's only because I don't believe in abortion.

• I'd say definitely after 25. Kids are cute, and I would really love to have a baby, but there is no way I want one right now.

• I have what I would like mapped out in ages in my life.

Graduate at 22. Establish career before settling down, I won't define myself by a serious relationship before I even know myself. Married at 28-29. Bond, travel and enjoy time before having first child at 31. Then space out at most 3 children with 3 years in between all of them.

Of course, up for negotiation, since you can't control your whole life, but I'll do my best. (Sorry, I'm a bit of a control freak, neat freak, organized freak) And of course how my future hubby feels about it, since I'd be using his sperm, haha.

• I'd also really prefer to have sons. Not that you can choose, lol, but being a girl I just hate all the drama we have and wouldn't want to deal with it as a mom. Not that I don't like being my gender, but you know...

• I don't think it's about a specific age. I think it's about being mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and financially stable and prepared to bring a life into this world, set a framework for a human being, and mold a mind.

• Around 29...

• Yeah... I'm not having a baby next year... I do want one while I'm young, but I have to get my life in order first. Hopefully 26-30

• I'm 20 now and kids are a mere glint in my eye right now. I don't even think about it, and hope it isn't happening for a good decade.

• Don't want to actually HAVE kids, you know. Doesn't fit with my career plan, not time wise, but physical wise. But I want to adopt more than anything, older kids are my target. So I figure a couple of years after I get married I'll start adopting. :)

• My mom is a doctor and she says actually the younger you are the healthier the child is likely to be, though she would've killed me if I'd had a kid in my teen years! I'd want to be about 29-34, I enjoy my life way too much right now :)

• I would say from 27-37.

• i had my son when I was 20

• Maybe late twenties?

• i want one between 30-35... want to live my own life before I have kids :)

• At 27-30. I want to experience life first. Travelling, studying,a career,..

• Aboooout 27, I do want a life before that :)

• Somewhere around 26, I wanna travel and do stuff before I have kids :)

• Late twenties if I ever decide to get one.

• Theres no way I'd be trying to have a baby before the age of 28.

• I use to think I'll have kids in my mid-20's, but that's definitely not going to happen.

• I think 24 would be a good age. idk

• i don't beieve in giving myself timelines like this because if it doesn't happen then I'll be disappointed

• i wish I could have one from 20-24 I'm 23 now and am not done with school I'm hoping I can find a guy to marry like 27-28 and have kids then =[

its hard to find a guy these days

• I want to as soon as I can. I'd have to find the right guy first :/

• More from Girls
    2