Do girls of average/short height not like tall guys?

I'm 5'9 and thin, which is considered tall for a girl. And I love tall guys, my last boyfriend was 6'5 and I didn't mind at all. I like them between 6'1 - 6'5ish. I find it more attractive and a lot of tall guys like tall girls so it works for me. My sisters though and some of my friends who are of average/short height all say 6'5 is too tall! and they wouldn't date them. do most girls think this way?

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly I can not understand the concept of height preferences as I do not have any myself. I could just as easily date a girl who was a foot shorter than me as I could one who was a foot taller and I would find them both equally attractive. So I don't understand what all the hubbub is about height preferences or height requirements.

What Guys Said 1

• I think it looks ridiculous when shorter girls date really tall guys. Not exactly what you meant and I'm not a gal to answer your question but kind of relevant. Just look at Shaq with his girlfriend, or even mass-ass Kim Kardashian and her husband. How does sex even work like that? Lots of smothering, I assume. Even kissing would require kneeling down.

• Haha seriously how do they 69? lol and guys can definitely respond too.

• To be fair the weight issue is something that can be helped

• true but its still a prefernce. like curly or straight hair, blue or brown eyes, its not something you need to have but what you like more.

What Girls Said 7

• 6'5 is way too tall for me because I'm so petite,5'3.I like tall guys but with my height I would have to choose between 5'8-6'

• 6"5 is too tall because it would simply be awkward and difficult I guess

i'm 5"5 by the way

• I'm like that. I'm 5'3" and I probably wouldn't feel comfortable with someone over 6'2" and I prefer shortish guys. My boyfriend is 5'6"

• no I am 5ft2 and I love tall guys. I don't care how tall he is

• I LOOOOOOOVEEE TALL BOYS! I WANT THEM ALL! XD *twirling with the thought of tall boys* :D

• I'm 5'3 still growing and I love tall guys around 6'0 - 6'5 I find it highly attractive:-)

but I don't care about height it's not a major thing for me,:)

• I find this question a bit insulting.I'm 5'4'' which by the way I do not consider to be short!My boyfriends have all been over 6' tall and from what they and my gut friends say teller guys seem to like petite girls.Anyways I think its just shallow that somebodys height should even come into the equation of you really ilke the person

• It's more of a question of what may or may not be too tall for a girl. I never put any height down or said I like someone based on height. I said I personally find it to be more attractive, it doesn't mean I would treat them different or like them more or less. Calm down.

• It sounded derogatory,Why should height even be a consideration?

• so your saying you would date a little person? Or a giant? I know it's going too far but everyone has a preference weather they like to admit it or not. It doesn't make you shallow, you just like what you like. Maybe you don't have a height preference but you have a preference about something, everyones different.