Does anyone else find it insulting when ou go on a date and?

You go on a date and the person your on a date with gets a call from one there friends and then they have to get in a big conversation with them will the two of you are supposed to be on a date?

Most Helpful Guy

• That's when you get up and leave

What Girls Said 10

• I think that's rude and insulting, I can agree.

However, sometimes there's an emergency, and that's happened with me. It turns out one of my family members was in the hospital, and I just had an urgent call...I couldn't get to the hospital so I just had to talk with them about it for a bit...I felt really bad and apologized to my date.

But apart from things like that, just gossiping conversation...yeah that's rude.

• I would find that insulting in any context, but unforgivable on a date. I wouldn't even accept that from a friend unless they took a call from their child.

When you are out on a date it is about the two of you and cell phones should be turned to silent and ignored. If I did that to someone on a date I would expect to not hear from them again.

• I don''t find it insulting but I find that so rude! I would just walk out if someone ever did that to me. Yeah that's a pet peeve on mine is when one of my friends call me and then talk to someone else while I'm on the phone with them, I mean my friend called me so you better talk to me and not anybody else >:o

• Does anyonelse find it insulting? Probably just not me.

Most likely I don't find it insulting because I am the girl doing that lol

• Yes that is rude and insulting, someone shouldn't do that. I guess the date must of not been exciting enough otherwise why would someone have to talk to their friends? They can call them back you know! What's even worse is if someone picks up their phone and starts talking in the middle of sex/fellatio or any other sexual activity. UGH!

• Well I would rather she just leave if it came to that. Never had that happen during sex

• good you shouldnt

• And I won't.

• It's annoying. This guy I was talking to would invite me over to his place every so often. There were a few times when he would get a call from one of his guys, and just talk. I hate it when people are on the phone and disrupt me while I'm sleeping or watching something. That bothered me more than the actual "we're on a date" thing. But it's still rude anyway.

• It's terribly socially unacceptable. Though I'm a seventeen year old girl, I recognize that it's pretty terrible. I feel really awkward when people do that to me and I can't even imagine how I'd feel if that happened while I was on a date. It's poor behavior .

• That and texting. I will only allow it if it's a call from his mom or someone important like that. Otherwise I think it shows the person is not interested in you.

• I don't know about insulting, but it is horribly rude.

• Right, I don't do it. However, I've been out & seen people do it & feel completely sorry for the other person when their date does it. I really want to go over and tell the person how rude they are being, and to please take a look at their date. It's terrible. Now, if you have kids, yes, check your phone, but don't talk to friends & chit chat.

What Guys Said 7

• that equals the end of the date for me

• Yep. That's what cell phones are for. To show you how bad your friends are with communication and respect.

I always manage to catch a girl or guy on the phone while they're driving on the highway.

• Answering phone calls on a date (unless it is an absolute emergency) is completely rude.

• Yes, I found it very rude. Phone should be turned to vibrate at the most, and kept in a pocket during the date.

• That's hella rude, I'd just leave.

• I would just be like HEY RUDE I don't give a sh*t you act rude to me I'll be rude to you

• I actualy answered my phone once without even thinking but as soon as I realized I told them to call back later. I felt really bad about it :(