Why do guys like bigger girls?

Not fat girls but the ones who are not just flat everywhere. There not skinny or obese but they might have love handles and bigger thighs. What attracts guys to those kind of girls? What do you like about them? Also if you could choose between a pretty skinny girl and a pretty bigger girl, which would you choose not knowing either personality?

Most Helpful Guy

• I absolutely love big, curvy, voluptuous girls. To me they look very womanly and very different from myself. I think that is part of the attraction, being drawn to something you don't have. I even like when girls have love handles, with an hourglass figure...It basically just comes down to the specific guy, it's all relative. Even within the percentage of guys who like bigger girls there are different degrees, or thresholds, of what a guy considers fat, or too big. I would say though that the majority of men lean more towards thin women in general, because that's what society and the media have been pushing towards for the past several decades. The most subscribed to "erotic" material, in the US at least, is playboy magazine. I think that society in general implies that curvy girls are "fat" and that guys who like them are insecure and only going after them because they are desperate. Sadly, I think that many guys shy away from the girls they are actually attracted to (curvy girls) so that they are not criticized by friends and family. Not saying this happens all the time but I think it is fairly common. I know that I have felt that social pressure before with several of the girls I have dated. It's really terrible...But, I do feel selfishly guilty...I am almost glad that these perceptions exist. It just means more lovely, voluptuous beauties for me.

• you just made me feel a whole lot better about myself! lol I'm not fat but I'm very curvy. Very. It's the latin in me. I hardly if ever get attention from guys because I'm too "womanly" whatever that means. It's nice to know that guys actually like girls like me!

• "Very curvy"?! Hhhmmmm...What I meant by "womanly" is basically like an hourglass figure. You know, guys are taller with broad shoulders and muscles (manly) and women are sometimes curvy, or very curvy in your case, which is feminine, or womanly. Masculine looking guys have like a V-shape to their body and feminine, or womanly, girls have an hourglass shape...I'm not sure if you were confused with what I meany by womanly...?

• Yes, hourglass shape. I am the exact same measurements of the actress Christina Hendricks. No I don't have a gut or anything like that. Just curvy. Large up top, small waist, flat stomach, wide hips.

What Guys Said 8

• Thick thighs are SO HOT! I love it when they touch, it just looks so appealing too many girls try to be stick thin down there when that isn't their normal size (not counting the ones with naturally skinny thighs). I generally love the defining features of the opposite gender the most, things like hips, boobs etc not always big although I love that too but they are just really sexually appealing

• thick thighs are hot?! really?! I am planning to go to the gym just to get rid of them!

• yes, but it depends on the guy

• Full figured- not fat- is awesome. I feel no attraction for skinny women.. it looks so unhealthy.

• The pretty bigger girl because I don't have to be perfect around and/or I won't crush her.

• those are weird reasons... that just sounds like your not confident in yourself you don't have to be perfect around a skinny girl either... and your not going to hurt them...

• Of course I have to be perfect because that's what we all strive to be as perfect as we can. You're right. I do lack confidence in myself because all I see are my flaws. It's just taking a while to try to correct them.

• It's pleasing to my eye, and pleasing to my touch.

Depends how big... it's like the three little bears... one is juuuuuust right. I'd pick that one.

• I'm not really fan of toothpick girls or whatever, it's good to have some meat.

• It depends on the individual to me... I'd need to know more about them physically besides just one being heavier than the other.

• Bigger girl for sure.

• Some girls look good skinny, some girls look good thick.

What Girls Said 6

• Hips, thighs, and breast send subtle vibes to men about a woman's ability to breed;

There's something inherently attractive about a girl with great hips and a nice waist - that waist to hip ratio thing was tested, and most guys preferred a girl with some meat there.

But that's not always of course, as there are lots of men who like smaller framed women. Attraction stems a lot deeper than physical aspects.

Plus, most guys realize that women are human, and therefore we have our flaws; not every girl is going to be perfectly flat and toned everywhere, but she still may be absolutely stunning, with an amazing personality - which is ultimately what wins a guy over.

It's good men aren't too critical about these things, because us gals are already hard enough on ourselves. Plus, no one stays flat and toned forever; eventually you'll have a few misplaced chunks do to child birth and age, so don't be to hung up on it.

• has any curvy girl noticed that they don't even MAKE clothes for curvy girls? I have big boobs and a flat stomach which means my xl shirts look super super baggy on my stomach because clothing makers assume that big chested girls automatically must be in the shape of Buddha! The same thing goes for pants! I have a small waist, wide hips and slender legs. To clothing makers, that means everything from the waist down is baggy because I apparently have huge elephant legs! Does anyone know where I can buy clothes under size 14 that exist like this? I really do envy the skinny stick girls. Clothes were made to fit them!

• theres a place in my mall at least called la pearl kinda ghetto but sometimes there's cute stuff that actually fits big boobs and flat stomach and there jeans too lol sometimes there jeans are too big for my but and sag there... it's strange lol

• ooohhhh I thought most of men likes skinny ladies...

i was amazed that most of them likes a girl with bigger thighs and wide hips with a small waist ...actually I have that kind of body but I don't find it attractive. I envy ladies with smaller thighs they look more sexy in my eye...

• OMG - I 'd love to have your body :D

I have a small frame like I'm a size 3 - I would love to have more hips and stuff -

you sexy girl XD

• Big thighs are one of my biggest turn ons! :)

• lol hahahahaha

• Growing up I always thought about how pretty the stick girls were but now that I'm in my 20's, they look almost sick to me...

• It honestly depends on the guy. I have male friends who are not into girls with that body type. I myself have the upper body of a skinny girl with average breasts and a tiny waist, flat stomach then the lower body of a thick girl with toned thighs and calves from dancing and track and a big butt. Guys are still attracted to be even though I don't have huge t*ts. There are more body types out there other than just a skinny girl and a bigger girl. Stop trying to promote exclusion.

• Because real women have curves, other girls and the media make women think they have to be stick skinny to be sexy, but skinny isn't sexy. Real women have curves and real men like curves. It's a biological thing. No one wants a little twig, that's not sexy.