Anybody else feel like us girls should just date older guys?

I just find that guys my age can be extremely immature are just don't seem ready to be in s stable adult relationship.I'm not talking a huge age gap but I'm 22 and I find that guys of about 30 seem to be more on the same wavelength as me.Any other girls agree with me?

Most Helpful Girl

• no. & what are 30 year old women supposed to date. you are giving 30 year old guys two decades of younger women. it is not right.

also I'm young. I can be with older guys when I'm older. I like young energy, young thinking, young passion, young curiosity. not some guy saying I know better you are young you will see.. id have to wait ten years to tell him actually no it was not age , I still think you are just full of sh*t.

big waste of time imo. its good to go through life with someone, not be brought through it by someone. no thanks.

in addition, from what I hear, 'younger' guys do not worry about committing young, because they know when they get to 30.. women- like u- will be lining up to date them, because 20 year old guys do not know how to commit. BECAUSE THEY DONT NED TO.. you are wiling to take them on when they are 30., if they knew they could not be with a 20 year old when they are out of their 20s .. it might matter a little bit more.

you are buying the cake ingredients, baking the cake, letting them eat it & sticking around to clean up the mess. they don't have to lift a finger- except their d***.

also alt of women in their 20s don't want a relationship.

• Maybe I'm the exception but I feel like they can't give me what I want and need which is a committed relationship

• Going through a string of bad relationships at your age isn't something exclusive to women. It's something EVERYONE goes through at that age.

• Regardless of age or gender it still sucks to feel used and taken for granted :-(

What Guys Said 8

• That might be true, for you. But the thing is, girls your age group tend to be immature as well, just in a different way than the boys your age are.

Most 30 year old men wouldn't be interested in you, for that very reason. And sadly, I would say the ones who are, would be the creepy sorts who haven't changed since they were 15.

• honestly I'm turning 31 on Monday and I have to say that typically women younger than mid 30s (with a few exceptions) are far too immature for me.

• Sorry to jump on this question for girls, but the reason your finding this is because women mature faster than men, its a fact so your right in what you say, the 22-30 is probably a match where maturity is concerned, which is why, a lot of men are attracted to younger women, so its basically natural to date an older man, because if your 22, a bloke your age is still in a mature state of about 17, hope this helped.x

• When I was 22 a lot of girls told me that too. Now that I am 30, I am not interested in 22 year old girls. They are just too immature.

I am not bitter about it, honestly thought I'll have a lot of fun once I am that old. and I do. Just not with girls that young.

• i love 18 year olds! its time they started loving me back

• Funny... I generally feel the same way about girls.

• Because those guys are ready to settle down.

• age does not equal maturity

I want a serious relationship too but I find girls who just want to have 'fun'

I was talking to this 26 year old but she is much less immature than me and I'm 20

What Girls Said 9

• I'd have a few friends who said the same thing to me. I always thought (and I still do) that I'm better off with a guy my own age. The way I look at it is; I'm in college, I still live with my parents and I'm usually broke by the middle of the week, so what would I have to offer a man who has his own apartment, works a full time job and had already graduated college? Other than my body, not much. Him and I would be in two different worlds. The things that bother me such as school or where I should intern next would not be his concerns and if anything would remind him of our age difference.

What I have found from talking to and having gone on a date with some older guys is that they tend want move really quickly relationship-wise. As though as soon as we got to know each other for a few days that we should automatically be in relationship or we should be sleeping together. In addition to that, they are (as some people have already said) some older guys whose minds have never left high school. So I'll take my chances with my guys my age.

• No def not. for example, I could nevet ever be with an older man it just isn't me. I love younger men. They are so adorable and haven't gotten bitter toward women yet. Most younger men have not been through horrible divorses (most) or horriffic custody battles (most). Met my guy when he was 18 and started.dating shortly after. Being with him was one of the best choices I've ever made

• Not all of us guys in our mid to late 20's have had a divorce, horriffic custody battles, or whatever. Not all of us are bitter because of what some girl did to us years ago.

Some of us wanted to get established and figure out who we are before we start trying to settle down with a woman. To rule out every single guy in his mid-late 20's because of his age is, frankly, shortsided.

But then again, if you want to date boys and not men, then ignoring older guys is the key. :-)

• Lol I'm 26 so when I'm talking about older.men I mean 30's and up

• Yes I agree with you.Older guys are more commitment than the young one.They able to understand us more as well.Im 22 and I prefer guys at 25-33 max.

• I already do, deffs better.

• Its great because there is no drama with them

• I completely agree with you and I love older men, but I also see that girls (at least in my own age group) are just as immature.

• I believe its less about age and more so being at the same point in life. Having similar or compatible goal timelines (career, marriage, etc) becomes more important when someone wants to progress to that part of life. I've known guy who were ready for that at 18 and guys who are 30 and want nothing to do with it.

When it comes to just general maturity and "being on the same wavelength," that too, I've noticed has less to do with age and more to do with how much life you've lived and your outlook on the world. Maybe that's why the 30 demographic seems to be jiving with you, but there are "old souls" closer (and younger) than your age too.

My grandmother once told me to marry younger men. I don't recall her reasoning enough to do it justice here, but of all my aunts/uncles all those in which the man has been younger has resulted in happy and long marriages. My parents being the opposite, being the divorced pair.

There's some old farm wife wisdom for ya.

• i have been told that if you want something serious then include older guys in your dating scene. I've never done it but I wouldn't rule it out if I liked him

• I agree that there may be some 30 year olds on the same page as you are, at 22. And I think there are some 20-somethings that may be on the same page as you are.

Age is tricky, and to base a relationship on the fact that a guy is an adult and he's 30 doesn't seem fair- some guys in their 30s are as immature as they were in their 20s.

There are many guys in their 20s who are mature, stable, hardworking, decent, and sweet. The problem is some of those guys screw things up with really smart, relationship-ready 20 year olds, because they have been told that they are too young to have a committed relationship. So, what they do is settle for sex, instead having of a good relationship. But there are mature 20 year olds out there that want a stable, caring relationship - they are just hard to find...But the right and real relationships take work and time.

Not all 20 somethings are immature and stupid, and I think you should keep an open mind for men of all legal ages. Just because one 20 something guy flucked up with you, doesn't mean all of the twenty somethings will. And since you are mature enough to have a relationship at 22, you should not be giving up on those mature 20-29 year old guys- you could find your mate for life.

• 40 year olds could be immature too. Just saying.

So, no.