Guys- What "first date" rules do you impose on yourself when its a woman you really like?

So I'm finding the whole dating thing a bit of a head f***, I'm naturally very affectionate with everyone I know, family, friends and guys I like- it's not meant as a sexual suggestion, just how I am. But I'm finding that this often gives guys the impression I want to "hook up" rather than "date" them. So is breaking the touch barrier considered a sexual invite, if so do you avoid this on a first meeting? How do I get a guy to see I don't just want sex with him?

Most Helpful Guy

• There's nothing wrong with being affectionate. For example, giving the guy a gentle tap on the hand, knee or shoulder is perfectly innocent; there's nothing sexual about that. The same goes for a quick kiss after the date. Especially in the early stages of dating, if I don't see those signs of affection from a woman, I interpret that behavior as a lack of interest, which makes me less likely to ask her out again.

Guys who are primarily interested in "getting lucky" as soon as possible will make their intentions quite obvious, and your behavior probably won't make much of a difference either way. There are guys out there who are willing to take things slow, but you'll have to go through a few frogs before you find the prince. Dating is a numbers game, after all.

Good luck!

• Thanks, I guess I am just getting frustrated with never getting past a "first date" because of the whole issue of the guy being keen to have sex and feel like my affectionate nature has mis-led him somehow.

What Guys Said 2

• I always used a mantra of treat her right... I'd say it in my head over and over... So I'd remeber to open doors and be extra polite. I'd ask questions and be engaged... Most of all compliments... As for the good night part... I rarely settled for a kiss... But if a woman told me how it is early in the the night I'd understand...

• Never been on a date. I have no rules. I can't say what I would or wouldn't do if the opportunity arose.

What Girls Said 0