Nervous for my first kiss...tips please!

This guy I've been hanging out with for a couple weeks (straight) has been trying to kiss me. I have never been kissed, so every time he goes for it I freak out.

Any tips on how to relax and just go for it? I know if I drink I'll probably be more relaxed but I don't really want my 1st kiss when I'm buzzed.

Most Helpful Guy

• you seriously never been kissed? after being kissed, you'll soon realize it isn't as big of a deal as you thought it was. It's easier to start small by giving/getting one on the cheek.

However, if it is your first kiss do something REALLY cool. Get it in the rain or something.

• yea that's why I'm waiting it out. he wanted a kiss at the mall...but I move away because it was just too lame.

• for sure, that's what I was thinking. thanks dude.

• thanks for BA

What Guys Said 2

• First of all, tell him as soon as possible. He won't care about it unless he's an a**hole and not worth your time anyway. If you don't, he'll think you're not interested in him romantically, give up and probably try to avoid you because he'll feel hurt.

He'll then probably tell you it's no big deal, which will probably make you feel less nervous too.

• He knows I haven't and knows that I'm really shy...but he continues to try every time I'm with him.

• I can only say toughen up and go for it. There's really not much else you can do.

• i agree with snowboarder720, its not such a big deal, but it is better if you do it somewhere cool. My first one was at a party, I was completely drunk and hardly remember it. Don't do that, but also, like said below, be rash, its the only way, otherwise you will miss the chance, and you have one less chance in your life to do that.

• yeah that's why I kind of what to get over it, even though I'm extremely nervous. his friend sent him a link about how to get with girls, like a quick hook up, I'm not sure if he's just messing with him or serious.

• So he's just looking for action...most likely?

• Yeah probably, or at least he told his friends about you (or someone else).

What Girls Said 4

• Well, if you like him back, I suggest you just go for it. I remember asking one of my girlfriends back before my firsst kiss what I should do. She told me that it just comes naturally. I kept that in mind when he tried (mind you, I also admitted I had never kissed anyone before) and she was right, kissing came very natural, like I had been doing it forever! Don't let nerves hold you back cause, chances are, you aren't "scared" of kissing at all, you are just excited about it and letting your physical emotion get the better of you! Remember, its about you and what you are comfortable with, don't use toung right away, just get use to it. It's enjoyable! Good Luck Girly!

• You said "I'm 18 and going to college in a few days...i know I'm really lame"

Nops you aren't lame , you are waiting 4 the ryt time and that's a great decision !

In sexuality stuff you must be rash ! Its not a big deal if you didn't kiss up to now , its something normal ! Whenever you are ready 4 it , go ahed and keep in mind that all of us were really nervous at our first kiss ! ;)

• you are overthinking this because kissing is so natural, you won't be scared at all. I know this doesn't sound like helpful advice, but trust me it is. Don't read any tips on how to kiss, where to place your lips or the pressure, or anything. Ignore all that. When the time comes, and you guys kiss, you'll know what to do automatically because it's like second natural, it'll come to you

• you haven't had your first kiss and you're over 18?

• I'm 18 and going to college in a few days...i know I'm really lame