I am dating a boy of a different race

I am dating a boy whose mom is Filipino and his dad is white. He wants me to meet his mother soon, and his dad already knows me and likes me a lot. I am worried though that his mother won't like me. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Be yourself, but be the best version of yourself. Don't pretend to be someone you're not, most mothers are good at sniffing out fakers. Wear something cute, not something hot.

She married a white guy herself. So it's not like she would mind that her son is dating a white girl. (I assume you are white. But if you are black/latino, don't think she'd care either.)

What Guys Said 2

• i don't think it will be a problem, especially since his dad likes you

• What race are you?

What Girls Said 3

• Just be yourself

I been through this situation and I was just myself and my boyfriend mama really liked me

• Oh dear. Why wouldn't she like you, apart from the normal "oh will his parents like me?" Issues why the f*** are you sh*tting yourself about his mothers race. Seriously people I thought we were over this sh*t 50 years ago :/

• The reason I am worried about it is because he told me before that his mom wants him to date some nice asain girls.

• Nice Asian girls huh? I'm sure you'll be fine I mean she married a white guy herself didn't she :)

• just be respectful and nice.