Guys I need to know your thoughts bout this

Ok, I prefer to put it in detailed as possible so you could picture the whole story and able to give me your thoughts.

i hope you're familiar with myyearbook. I met this guy when she viewed me and request to be friend. I accepted it and we exchange ym. were both working in middle east but NOT same country. (im giving you the settings)

first weeks, I mostly received offline messages with him saying sweet words and dropping hi. of course, I appreciate it and replying him back but not that often.

until such time, because I currently have crush on my coworker, I confided it to him and he just gave me advise and told me to be careful in trusting blah blah. and yeah, the crush was ended and didn't pursued for some other reason.

til then, we often find each other online and start having nice conversation, jokes, chaging of humors, making fun of our expressions in webcam until we both feel asleep and just say good nights and sweet dreams. that's the settings. he also have TWO teddy bears (guy and girl) in his room. at first, I'm thinking who gave it to him because seems weird that a guy has it in his own pad and he just explains that he finds it in airport and bought the last two bears. anyway, that bears deepen the connection between us because one time, he asked me my number bec he wants to take picture of the bear and send it to me because he will go to bahrain so I will not be able to see the bears while he is there. until then, he sends me messages morning and at night. sometimes he will sms me in middle of my sleep and ask if he could call me then he will just say good night. and sms me that the intertnet is not good and he is sad can't online

i really feel comfortable with him, I want to think that he likes me. one time, we use to call each other "boy space friend / girl space friend" and one time, he forgot the word space and he was so red in cam when I told him to check what he typed. and he is so embarassed and told me "im sweating, how come I forgot that space" and he is really shy bout it that's why I know he didn't do it in purpose. sometimes he is telling me that he wants me to trust him because he will break my trust to him. he is very sweet.

i don't know if he likes me or he is just born to be that good? also, would it work and possible for a guy to pursue or like a girl though you know the distance, culture (religion) difference. how would I know if he is just being nice or also like me?

honestly, I'm starting to think to step back because I might fall to him and just hurt but I know if I do that, I'm just unfair because this guy doesn't do anything and him being nice is not his fault. what do you think guys?

What Guys Said 2

• That's quiet a story. Difficult to comment on it, because I wouldn't invest that much time or emotion on a relationship with someone I' ve never physically meet; so its hard for me to put my self in your shoes.

Your seem to have 2 questions.

Firstly, how can you know for sure that this guy likes you?

Well you can't, not even with a more conventional relationship can you ever know 100% what the other person thoughts or intentions are. At some point you have to take a chance and choose to trust the other person. You do risk being hurt, but that's the nature of relationships.

Secondly, you're asking if this Internet, long distance relationship can work? You are so concerned you are considering ending your relationship in order to protect your self?

As "Romanticguy" says some long distance relationships can work, but (and this is big BUT) there is an awful lot stack against it. Most conventional relationships fail, so this long distance internet relationship, it just seems unlikely that it will work.

You can't stay in the situation you're in any longer, you need to make a decision either way.

1, End it, and protect you feelings

2, Dive in, and Physically meet this guy,

I get the feeling that we are missing some key information, different cultures etc so it hard to give advice. But for what its worth, (and this is only my advice, some bloke who doesn't know you, does know the situation very well, and lives in the Caribbean on the other side of the world.)

I say end it. Your young, 25 years old. All the time your spending on the phone and internet talking to this guy you could better spend talking to guys in your own country, and find a boy friend there. You could easily waste another 6-12 months flirting with this guy and get nothing from it. Save your self that 12 months and end it.

• Thanks for your advice. I just don't know how to end the friendship that already built. should I just not answer to his messages? it sounds unfair to that to him as he doesn't doing anything bad at all.. my fault I'm liking him. I really appreciate the effort you guys put in my question and answering it back.. thanks a lot

• What a story :D

Hardest part in this would be of course long distance relationship.

You shouldn't do any kind of conclusions on person if you haven't met them yet in persona.

My advice would be keep it under low profile until you will have real chance to get know this guy. I'd say you don't want to fall for someone via internet. It might be a huge heart brake later on.

i.e my friend in school met his girlfriend via internet. . And they are quite happy together.

Though they live in same country but different towns so their distance is bit closer than yours with your prince charming.

Hope my thoughts helped you a bit.

Take care honey <3

• Thanks mr romantic guy.. but I hope you could tell me on the thought of what do you think bout this guy... is he just being nice or is there a chance that he likes me? bec I know, international call using your cp or sms is an effort for a guy unless he is earning that much and not thinking of his bill...

• Doubt he would be still talking with ya if just trying to be nice.

More likely seems like he likes you. At least the effort in all of this he is giving.

What Girls Said 0