He keeps talking to his ex! Why?

So my boyfriend and I have been dating since 2009; it happened maybe a month after he broke up his current ex. Anyways for the last two or so years I didn't want him talking to his ex since I think they still have feelings for one another and he still has all the notes she wrote him and the stuff she gave him. every time I tell him not to talk to her he won't for a little while and then I will catch him talking to her whether its via text or email. I had him delete her off Facebook but the talking still happens. Why is he doing this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think they prob just get along now they are not in a relationship. He prob looks at her as more of a friend/sister figure nothing more. I know it is really frustrating feeling like you are being left out but maybe say to him you don't mind just as long as you are updated on what she had to say. Does she know he is with you?

What Guys Said 1

• he's either still friends with her, or more likely, still has feelings for her. Considering he got with you a month after he broke up with his previous long term relationship, you were essentially a "rebound"

What Girls Said 2

• He's still friends with her :/

My boyfriend flirted with his ex crush (they're good friends) when we were going out but he made it perfectly clear they were just friends, however when push came to shove and I was drastically upset when she texted, he made the choice to stop seeing her

You can't control your boyfriend but he should respect the fact it makes you uncomfortable and choose to make the right decision

• You know why, don't you? He still has feelings for her.