He says he wants to do this the grown way?

Me and this guy have been very interested in each other for the past year now. And I've just been wondering why he hasn't asked me to be his girlfrend yet. I know he likes me and wants to be with me, we have discussed this a lot. He has told me that he just wants to feel okay, and happy before we start dating. And I've been here for him beyond someone you'd call just a friend. One day when we were talking about this he said he wants to do this the grown way. What does it mean when he says he wants to do this the right way, the grown way?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have no idea what that means?

Uhm but...definatly don't have sex with him or give him a hand job. (not saying you have)

Honestly you say he likes you and that he wants to be with you...but if he really wanted that then you would be boyfriend and girlfriend by now. So I would say don't do anything that a boyfriend/girlfriend or dating couple would do. That sounds like the grown way to me.

But yeah I would just tell him to describe the grown way...because from the looks of your age range your already grown. So its time for him to grow up or you to grow into a relationship with someone who knows what they want.

Goodluck

Tam

• Honestly, I'm the type to save myself till marriage, and he has always went after these girls but he told me with me, it's different, he doesn't want to ruin us by taking things on the fast pace.. He always tells me that I'm the wife type for him, but he just doesn't want to ruin things by going so fast. Also he told me that I already have him and that we're getting there, I'm thinking meaning getting closer to being together but still no rush.

• well geez...that just makes it sound like he wants you to wait hand and foot on him til he gets tired of his downgrade of girls that he just wants to have fun with...so when is he going to realize he wants you (an upgrade)? Save yourself til marriage but don't save yourself for him...doesn't sound like it will get anywhere.

• Alrighty then.. Thanks! : )

What Guys Said 2

• Well, did you ask hi to elaborate on what "the grow way" is? communication!

• He wants time to think it through. Don't rush these things, just give him time.

• Is this a good thing though?

What Girls Said 3

• it means he wants you to sit there & wag your tail, and wait for him to throw you biscuits.

you want something different I presume. why are you waiting on him, when he doesn't have the respect to discuss things clearly with you.

anyways, its better to decide you want to be with someone who wants to be with you imo.

• As in stage by stage, slowly progressing so that the relationship will grow. He doesn't want it to be too fast. I know that girls can't wait to jump in a relationship with a guy but do think for yourself too.

• ASK HIM lol