I didn't call...will he notice?

today is my ex's birthday, and I took everyone's advice about not texting or calling him to wish him happy birthday. do you think he'll notice that I didn't contact him today? I know for a fact that he's been having sex with a bunch of other girls, but I still have feelings for him, and when we talked last he said that I'm the only girl he's ever actually cared about.

Most Helpful Guy

• Modern statistics suggest that most marriages today don't last more than 7 years max. Why is this? Well I believe it is because of the 'blame' culture that we live in today. Today we live in a society where everything is instant (like instant noodles), and when we don't get satisfaction out of something immediately, they are discarded, like disposable diapers.

Sadly our relationships aren't like that. Our relationships are the exact opposite of the instant gratification model...and need time to nurture.

I think he might notice...and if he does, you'll have a lot to answer for. Because by not being forthcoming, it'll only make him feel more bitter...and maybe push you away farther.

Depending on who was the one who instigated the breakup initally, how long your relationship with him was and how you handle the situation, I would think it is possible for two people to come back together. However it will depend upon a number of factors. The first will be the ability to establish a good honest connection with the other party, and once that is reciprocated, developing trust with the other party. If you had chosen to break up with this guy before (which for some reason I think you did, judging by your comments) if you want to restart the relationship, you're going to have to be prepared to accept who he is...and do a lot of the groundwork on the recovery process. In restarting any relationship, that will probably be the hardest to deal with. But if you can accept him as who he is and how he is (and him with you), there is a possible chance he could come back round to you.

What Guys Said 5

• He may notice but, as a guy, I've noticed women play mental games so I wouldn't really care.

• This guy won't notice, no.

To me this is why girls get hurt so much. Girls, maybe like yourself, always fall hook. line and sinker for guys like this who 'have sex with a bunch of other girls', and then spend so long obsessing about them rather than finding another nice guy who would treat you right.

• My birthday is next month. I hate my ex girlfriend now unfortunately due to how she's acted post breaking up. I could care less if she wishes me one.

• If I broke up with a girl I would think it is weird for her to call me on my birthday, unless we had remained close friends. I doubt he will notice.

• My ex girlfriends birthday was last Thursday and I completely ignored it. The following night she showed up at a bar I frequent with this black guy and group of her friends. Maybe that was payback for me not wishing her one? She is the only thing I've ever loved, ever cared for, ever dreamed of. But she just walked away from me and never looked back.

• Lol...there is plenty of fish in the sea my friend. Just pick another if the first one doesn't work out :)

• Middleman have you been in love?

cause if so, you will know that...you maid have a whole world full of fish and you want just that one fish and sometimes...the smallest fish in the sea, its not about quatity but yet quality babe...

• Thats the part that people don't get. I fall so hard and I make my relationship my number one priority. It's not like you can just bounce back from losing something like that. Of course you get the friends that are "sick of" hearing about it and all that. I even straight up cried one night in public because I couldn't take it anymore and had to leave. So yes, there are a lot of fish in the sea, but as evangelista says- there is only one I want. The rejection factor is killing me slowly still.

What Girls Said 0