Do you believe in online dating sites?

i've never tried it and am quite weary. do they really work or is it really just for guys who want to get laid easy?

Most Helpful Guy

• There is a lot of sex-crazed people on dating sites, but there are also genuine relationship seekers.

Figure out what you want in a partner and put it into words. Be serious and specific. Show a bit of personality and include a recent, decent picture of you. Worth a try I reckon!

I've tried them and met some interesting people. Have had some bad experiences because of not getting clear or decent pictures of the other person. Having a common interest or "life stance" helps alot. At best you'll get a relationship, at half-mast, a friend, and at worst, an encounter you'll soon forget.

What Guys Said 4

• Seriously?

I thought only losers tried them. You're not going to find the beautiful people that you see on TV on those sites.

• yeah I think it works...it acts as a medium to get in touch with each other...if you find him/her cool then you can move forwrd ...

• Nope, they're pretty bad.

• They are just a way to meet people. What happens after is up to the people involved, just like meeting people any other way

What Girls Said 3

• yes, I meet a lot of nice guys online

• Well yeah I believe in them because they exist but many people have actually met on dating sites and have gotten married.

• I met my boyfriend on a dating site actually. He lived far away so I would have written him off but there was something about him that I couldn't ignore. He kept on with me and here I am, living only two hours away from him now instead of 6. It was chance really. But I think I always had him in the back of my mind.

I'd never go back on a dating site tho. If I did it would be just for fun. I don't like the formality of dating sites