Smart girls, would you date a dumb guy?

This post is going to make me seem like a total jerk and though you may not want to admit it you've thought of this too.

I'm pretty smart. I have straight A's, a 5.0 gpa, and I am probably going to be valedictorian. Since pre-k I have always been known as the smart girl. This is all fine and great but the problem is that I like a guy (and he likes me) that has failed classes and probably has the lowest gpa in my grade. He does try in school but whatever he does it never seems to help. It isn't like he is going to be a drop-out that is unemployed I mean he wants to go into the navy or marines. So question is: Girls would you date a dumb guy? Do you think my parents would mind? Do you think they will like him? Am I going to lose my hard earned reputation? p.s. sorry there is so many typos and what not I am trying to type this on my phone :)

• Date him.
  • Don't date him.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think I would, though I like smart guys better.

don't worry about dating him, he's not gonna ruin your reputation lol and whether your your parents like it or not it shouldn't matter, if you like him and he likes you back I say you give it a try :)

• well with parents it does matter as they give me food, shelter, and transportation and I really don't wanna be a hobo anytime soon :)

• well now that's true, however I think they shouldn't get between you being with someone as long as that someone does not damage you in any way. I think that in this case he only damages himself. perhaps you can even help him change?

• I've tried...

What Guys Said 1

• Smart or not smart, only matter really is if you can tolerate it and if you like him. Besides, failing classes does not necessarily mean that one is dumb.

So the question is: Do you like him?

I would say (because you like him) that it is worth the try.

What Girls Said 7

• OMG I scrolled down and accidently hit B -__________________- UGH! I wanted to vote A!

I found myself in a similar position back in high school, but I dated him and things were great while they lasted. I don't see reason not to, if you two have a connection jump on it :)!

I think your parents will love who ever you love :) Which was (mostly) the case with my parents (except for the fact that they hate any guy who comes near me hahaha).

• hahaha yeah mee 2... expecially since my father (which is kinda a scary guy) teaches at my school lol...

• Hmm... If the guys either got a wikid personality or he's cute then yep I would. Maybe he's not smart at school or education but doesn't mean he's "dumb" he might just be cleaver in something else. If he's the guy you like & you $ee a future then who cares about other people. I hope you make the right decision. Good luck! :)

• As long as he's not a delinquent or would pressure you to go down a wrong path, do it! You already said you have a connection right? Relationships should really be about how you make eachother feel and not about judging the other person on looks, intelligence, social status, etc... If you really like him, an IQ shouldn't make you hesitate about being with him. If you do date, maybe you two could study together to help get his grades up. Just be careful not to make him feel like you think you're "better" than him or push him to study harder than he wants to. That's a sure way to sabotage any relationship.

• I wouldn't go out with dumb guys because I'd like to have good conversations.But that is me. If you really like him, you shouldn't care about what other people think.

• I'd still date someone like that, as long as they're mature enough. I couldn't handle being with someone who acted like a little kid in situations where they really shouldn't.

• hes probably more mature than I am lol :)

• I prefer dating dumb guys, they're easier to control. I'm just sayin'.

• As long as he has a goal in life- I would date him.