Why do you think he is constantly with his new gf?

My ex boyfriend was always the type who NEEDED to see his friends. Not all the time, but a lot of the time. A few months after we broke up he got into a new relationship. His best friend told me that he never hangs out with any of his friends anymore. He ONLY sees his new gf. He also lost a bunch of his close friends after we broke up for reasons unknown. Could this be because he is rebounding?

His best friend also said to me that the only time he has ever been "normal" (his best friend's words) was when he was dating me.

Just to add, we dated for a year and a half.

This is what I am thinking. Please feel free to tell me if you agree or disagree. He has stopped seeing his friends and is spending all his time with the new girl to stop himself from feeling any pain?
They have been dating for about 3 months now. They started dating about 2-3 months after he broke up with me.

Most Helpful Girl

• 2-3 months is a long time and perhaps he has recovered a bit from the pain. Most likely he is trying to have a relationship with this girl and heal his wounds, whatever they may be.

Or

He did something to piss off his friends and now they don't hang out with him as much

Or

Rebounds generally happen like within less than a month, although it is possible he is. I'm just like you , the observer, you would know for sure if he still talks about you with his current girlfriend. But generally, I would think he's moved on.

These are just a few points. Maybe other people will have other ideas.

What Guys Said 3

• The real question is why, 6 months after the break up, are you even thinking of him? Please, put him out of your mind and pick up a bunch of new guys. Have some fun, sort through the herd, and find one who is worthy of you.

• You should start worrying about him less and less. It seems you still need closure. Worry about your own life, not his anymore. Perhaps he learned from some of his lessons with you and is starting over in a new light. There's nothing wrong with that, and that is his business.

• hmmm well maybe its hurts to be with his frens anymore because they support you and they might be like telling him that he made the wrong choice and stuff.kinda awkward for him

What Girls Said 6

• Ooooo - No - this is not a rebound. No - he is not feeling any pain over your break up. It sounds like he totally digs this new girl. The reason he was "normal" with his friends when he was with you was because he saw them ALLL the time.he was the same guy before you. He didn't go out of way to be with you and only you.he still saw his friends because he maybe saw you as more of a friend with benefits (I'm sure he cared for you just not the way you cared for him).

Ouch - sorry - I know what I'm saying is harsh. Keep your head up. Take some time to heal because it sounds like you still care and feel hurt. It's ok to feel this way as long as you know it and care for your heart. Another guy will come along and take your mind off of him. Let him be the one that got away (there's got to be at least one in your life).

• I think that it could be something more, maybe he is really into this girl and he sees things differently now. Or he could be extremely whipped.But regardless of the reason, I don't think it is a rebound, just because of the time he waited. Also, I doubt a rebound would take the place of something he needed to have when you guys were together for a year and a half.

• i think he might actually really like her and wants to be with her all the time.

or he could still have feelings for you and be with her all the time to make you jealous.

why he'd ditch his friends I'm not sure. I guess ill stick with my first guess again.

when a guy really likes a girl he'll want to be around her constantly and give up time with his friends to be with her.

• If he broke up with you, it's no wonder you still obsess about him. You don't think him wanting to be with his gf, and distant himself from pisonous ex like you, normal?

Why can't you let go. At least TRY? He's with someone now, and obviously you have problem with that, and trying to get others to agree with you, that you are better for him.

Move on FAST! You disgusted me.

• y do you even need to know? you left each other so just let him be. he has the right to do whatever he wants looks like you haven't gotten over him.think about that

• maybe realized he made a mistake with you and he wants to make things right with this new girl and his friends are on your side so he doesn't want to hear them give him crap.