Ever have a problem with your partner previously dating outside of race?

i have a question about interracial dating me and a group of friends we were all shopping at the mall and we see this attractive black man so after when we all got home we talked about it because none of us ever dating a guy from a different nationally other then white guys so we were just a talking all of a sudden one of my friends boyfriend said I wouldn't want you anymore if you dated a black guy and I said why not and he wouldn't say then he said he would leave my friend if she had an ex boyfriend who was black and I really don't understand this I've heard a guy say something like this before too like I really don't get it why wouldn't he wanna be with her anymore if she had been with a black man I mean a black man is still a guy obviously I ask him well what if she had an ex white boyfriend which she has and he said I don't know I just wouldn't want her anymore if she been with a black man before what do you think? and is some white guys or what ever type a guy has a problem with there ex having a black boyfriend or had why do you have a problem with it please explain it to me?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's absolutely stupid if you ask me. I'm a white guy and I wouldn't care the race of the guy she dated before me. To me it's just another human male.

What Guys Said 5

• maybe it's a taboo, unusual, or just a bit racism involved? I really don't think there's a universal/general explination why some guys have problems with girls dating other races previously, it comes down to what they are okay with, and what they feel is acceptable. Maybe it's because he doesn't like their culture, and if a white girl dated a black guy, he'd get the assumption that she's also into their culture.

• oh but still he shouldn't let that bother him but I guess some guys are just like that

• What everyone else said. They're just insecure and/or racist. Let em die out. Won't happen in our generation, but in the future, they'll be just about gone.

• i wouldn't have a problem with it. it seems to me your friend's boyfriend is insecure. maybe he feels inferior to black men (maybe he is a short d*** man, maybe he's physically inferior to most black men) and he wouldn't want her to compare him to her black 'big d***' ex lol?

• hahaa that's funny but she doesn't have a black ex I just said to him so what if she had a black ex would you want her and he said no etc

• dont know... he's got some other issues going on with him...

• I guess it depends on what kind of black guy. Most of the girls around here date the thuggish ones, and if I find out they were with them, I'm sorry, but I don't see them as attractive anymore. Plus, those girls usually only date black guys. Maybe it's the case that ALWAYSclassy mentioned, and they feel like they can't date anything else. Idk. Black guys have the benefit of those positive sexual stereotypes.

What Girls Said 1

• I have white friends who date black guys and once they date black guys, they stay dating black guys. From what they tell me, going from a black guy to a white one is very hard because a lot of white guys will not go near a white girl that's been known to f*** with black guys. If I was a white girl I would keep my black men relationships a secret unless I was gonna marry a guy because it will hurt your chances with white guys in the future if you ever decide you want to go back to white men.

• i know which is so stupid so if a white women would want to be with a black man or any man of a different race a white guy wouldn't want her in the future or whenever or is it just with a black man

• I was thinking she was in her 40's too, but after clicking the pic to make it larger, and inspecting the pic closely, I can now see how she could be in her 20's.

• im 23 if your talking about me