Is a 5 year age gap too big for a shy, inexperienced girl?

I'm 21 and there is a man 5 years older then me who wants to go out with me. Is that a bad idea? Because I'm so inexperienced and still don't feel grown up enough to be with a man...

Most Helpful Guy

• No your age would still be at a more mature level than him, just, because women always date older men, and men younger women, its because women mature faster than men so us men need to be with someone who is as mature mentaly as we are so we are naturaly attracted to younger women, so don't worry, he will probably as experienced as you,x

• no, he has much more life experience then me...

• But that won't be a problem, if anything it will be a compliment as it will prove you have talent and don't swan around people much,x

What Guys Said 4

• If you don't feel good about it, then just go for friends at first. Keep you guard up and trust your intuition.

Since you are new at this, I hope he's a gentleman and doesn't manipulate you. The pure girls are among the world's greatest treasures.

• Does he know you're shy and inexperienced?

• I don't think so.

• Not at all, age is nothing but a number.

What Girls Said 2

• Not at all! Dating someone a little older can actually help you grow up. If he's a great guy, he'll help you grow. I'd say give it a shot.

• It's not a bad idea, it comes a time when age no longer matters. And maybe you can learn from him.