Paying for the date $$

I have ventured back into the dating scene after a long committed relationship fell apart and I am not sure about what guys now think about paying for the date? I don't want to offend a guy by paying for myself without his offer, but then I don't want the guy to feel like I am super high maintenance and expect him to buy me everything. So guys, how do you prefer the girl to react when the bill arrives? Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• I prefer if the girl let me take the bill. Nowadays it's usually common for the person who 'initiated' the date to pay for the costs. I mean that only seems fair, but you could always ask beforehand. Without actually saying "Are you going to pay for this?", you could ask questions around it like " Do I need my purse/wallet?". That should indicate you the answer because obviously if he's going to pay for it then he'll tell you not to or vice versa.

To make things easier, you could always pay 50/50. Like if your going to dinner then the movies, one of you pay for the dinner, other one pays for the movies. Usually guys who go on dates are somewhat gentleman enough to pay for the girls costs, without hesitation. I guess it really depends on the guys themselves.

• Most guys act the gentleman, and pick up the tab automatically. However, its always a nice gesture when the girl offers to pay.

What Guys Said 3

• Is always nice when the bill arrives and the girls makes the motion of getting her wallet. At least I'm thinking she is not one of those 'user' types. If I had a good date, then I tell her I'm paying and not to worry about the bill; however, if it was a miserable date, then I let her continue grabbing her purse, and each person pays for their portion.

• This is what I do - I always reach for my purse and then I can tell from their response whether to pay or not. To be honest, if they want me to pay - I don't take that as a positive sign (b/c it implied that they may not be interested). But I have no problem affording it and if the relationshp continues I would contribute.

• It's nice to know that you would be able to pay for your self. Like if you wanted to go shopping or other things, you wouldn't have to depend on your partner for the cards or cash.

• "Alright you want to split half of it"... the guy would say oh don't worry about it... then you have to offer I will pay a third and that's the end of the discusion with a smile.

What Girls Said 0