What do you think about a guy who is cute, smart and successful but has never even been on a date?

I've been set-up with this guy through mutual friends. I've been seeing him for a few weeks now and I'm intrigued to be honest.

He's 25, really cute and sweet, but also very shy and quiet. He's totally got his life together and has a really successful job, his own house, great car etc. This makes it even more strange (a somewhat shallow thought I know but prob true) when it came out that he's never been in a relationship at all before (not even been on a date with a girl) and is therefore obviously completely inexperienced when it comes to talking about relationships or getting closer physically (even holding hands, walking next to me and sitting on the sofa together he seems very nervous).

I'm 21 and the complete opposite I'm afraid- had my fair share of bad boyfriend experiences in the past and I'm pretty outgoing and confident most of the time. He's a complete contrast to anyone I've ever been out with before and I do really like him.

Do you think this sounds like it could work? Should I be concerned he's never had a girlfriend before? I get the feeling this guy could be a keeper actually just wanted some opinions!

Most Helpful Guy

• sounds like the type of guy I might end up to be. And it could work. The thing with shy guys is that you have to be patient with them. It takes a while before they are comfortable and can open with you. He'll be even more shy since he'll have a stunning girl at his side.

since he hasn't dated, I imagine he hasn't interacted much with girls either. So that means he doesn't know any better sometimes. And you'll have to forgive him, because it's a honest mistake.

communicate with him and make your feelings and thoughts known to him clearly. Encourage him to do the same. Trust me it will help. I was shy for a lot of my life up till recently. haven't dated and I hardly interacted with girls in person. So unlike the other guys I knew that had expereinced flirting with girls and being around them, I had no clue, didn't know why girls were acting a certain way at a certain time, meaning I didn't know any better.

Hopefully he as a few friends that are girls that he talks to?

let me know if you have any other questions . But yes this could work out between you 2

What Guys Said 5

• it sounds like he understands the path to take to find success. so in the past, all the girls he was meeting he wasn't attracted to and couldn't see it working out so he didn't pursue them. most people fall easily for someone and break up down the road. give him a chance.

• I think he got anxiety, or extreme shyness! What supports it even more is that...

...he prefers career over relationship! Nice job, good house, but totally inexperienced with girls! Many naturally shy people sink in their job and career!

The good thing is that it's unlikely he will ever hurt you or betray you.

The bad thing is that you can do almost nothing to help him to break ouf of his shell and..

...there's no warranty he will ever become extrovert.

What kind of advice can I give to you?

Encourage him to be more outgoing and selfassured, but don't be nagging or pushy!

Give him some time, but not too much! See if there's any progress!

If he gets better with time, cool!

If there won't be any progress at all - don't bother!

• I don't see why not. Just don't expect him to know everything and it will be fine. You'll be teaching him a lot.

• The reason he's never had a girlfriend before is most likely because he's quiet, shy, and inexperienced. Give him a shot.

• I will if he lets me :)

• I think you could be good for each other. Even if things don't work out long term you will both be able to learn and grow from this experience. You will need to be patient with him as he learns all the things about relationships that you already know. He may even do some things right the other guys did not.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm shy myself so I can understand a guy being that way. I'd say give him a try. I hope it's not awkward at the beginning if he's shy about being physically intimate, like even holding hands. Hopefully you'll open him up a bit!

• You're right! He is a keeper! Lucky! =) Hold on to him tight!