GUYS: how long do you wait to call/text?

If I give a guy my number, how long should I wait for him to call or text before ik he's not interested/blowing me off?

Most Helpful Guy

• It usually depends on the Chemistry you have at the beginning of just meeting him.

Usually we're thinking the same thing(when to call). I can see how waiting a few days is better than calling the very next day. But especially if I meet a girl who really likes me at the moment we met, I think she would be hurt and insulted if I waited so long. And what good is that? so I usually just call or text the night of.

But, sometimes I've waited a week or 2 before txting or calling because she told me she's usually busy with school or work...so I just let time roll so I don't seem so needy of her and will eventually cal her.

What Guys Said 6

• I just call if I like her.There's no need for games. I just call and get to know her like I would a guy friend. You must build a relationship that way because the moment games get involved, the moment the relationship becomes less true to each other. If a girl gave me her number...ill call her later that day...y not? I'm not trying to impress her or anyone else...im just being myself

• Ok well texting him the same evening is a good way to go, but if you want to get with him (not just for sex) than text him 2-5 days after he gave you his number. It will keep him on the edge waiting for that text. If he replys, he's probably interested.

• I'd probably send a quick text that evening. Just something to identify myself. "Hey, it's (my name), the guy you met earlier today". After a quick "how are you" exchange, I'd ask if I'd be okay to call sometime within the next day or two.

• I'll call within three days, but not cause I'm waiting or anything. Any longer than that and I figure girls will lose interest so I won't bother. Depends on when we meet too, if it's a weekend, what my schedule is like. There's no rule... just depends.

• If a guy takes your number then he will call or text soon...but it depends on the person..I have no rules, but its best to text or call either same evening or next day to show that your interested. I don't believe in no 3 day crap.

So what you need to worry about is, if he is going to only use you for sex, unless ofcourse you want him for the same reason :)

do your own thing don't think about it too much.

• Just pick up the phone and call, be proactive. Try not to stay on the phone too long though.

• i gave him MY number

• ohh I see. ya I don't have his number...but we work together lol.

• ask for his number and then call it

What Girls Said 1

• Why don't you stop giving guys your number, and either don't talk to them, if they are squeamish, or ask for their #, and text them . there. done. Q is now obsolete. you do realize if you were more proactive, instead of waiting around you wouldn't have to be the 50,000th girl on here to ask this. t you text him, or just let him text when he will.

i would also like to know, what difference it makes whether you know how long to wait. would it change your life drastically, if he texted or not. would plans or goals be altered. likely not. so why not just not worry about it.

no one here can answer that, because he may have a completely different time frame he works with.

i still vote just text him yourself, on account of I'm getting sick of seeing Q, that only exist becaue the person is being lazy or passive.

think of it as a public service.