Am I Wasting My Time?

I met a girl three weeks ago through my one of my best friends who is also a girl. She had just gotten out of a relationship a month and a half ago that had lasted over a year. We all went to a club the first night I met her and we danced the whole time, she also wound up telling guys she did not want to dance with that I was her boyfriend to keep them away. After this we have hung out almost every other day. Me her my best friend and her bf. We have also started going out to like the mall and stuff just us two, not like a date or anything. When it is just us it seems like we really hit it off but if there is older guys around that might be more attractive she seems to give them more attention almost like she is trying for them but when there are none around it's right back to me. We have not done anything sexual so far. I try to play hard to get by making her text me first everyday and she does. On the scale to 1-10 she is a hands down 10 so she can get attention from anyone. I just feel like I might be falling into the friends category with her instead of her actually liking me. Do you think I am wasting my time and setting myself up to get hurt. Or is there any help you can give me to not become just another good friend and wind up being crushed.

Most Helpful Girl

• If she just got out of serious relationship she's probably trying to have some fun (flirting with those other guys) but that doesn't mean that she's not into you. She's going to want to take things slow at first and you should want to also, you do not want to be a rebound. You should hang out some more and take things slow but that doesn't mean that you can't show her ways that you're interested in her. Text her and call her first every once in a while there's nothing wrong with that besides if she does like and wants to get to know you better you don't want her think that you don't like her because you've never initiated anything.

What Girls Said 3

• have you told her you like her?

maybe ask your bestmate to be your wing women on this one...

You should get a straight answer now so you don't get hurt and turn into a "good friend"...

• It sounds like she's just taking it slow because she doesn't want to waste another year of her life. Ask her what her intentions are. Was there a sign that prompted this question? Because it sounds like it's going fine.

• Give it time. It is a early relationship. Let it ride and see how it goes. She is free to date other guys since she is not committed to you as you are with other girls.

What Guys Said 0