Have you ever jumped to or been someone's rebound?

Can you give me your thoughts on rebound relationships? And share any wisdom from personal experience?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have been someones rebound about three times, it was sh*tty as hell. One was because she couldn't get over her boyfriend, another because she lost her grandma and mom, another who had a boyfriend who used to abuse her. I have never tried to use another person or dated someone to get over my last ex. My best friend hates being single, so he jumps from girlfriend to girlfriend, he talks to a girl while he has a girlfriend and puts her in his back pocket for a "Rainy day". My only pair of advice is when you know the person your talking to just got out of a relationship recently and/or still shows signs of still not over their ex, its time for you to pack up. If that Ex just ever happens to want to be with them again, then he/she will probably jump into their arms with 65% chance of it happening. So its better to avoid that situation altogether if you can.

• This "back pocket rainy day" scenario is exactly what my ex did with me. When I was with him, during any rough patches we may have had, I saw evidence of his needed self esteem boosts from other girls. I didn't know what to do about it, then I realized, it had nothing to do with me and was out of my control. I completely agree with you. Rebounds should be avoided at all costs. I prefer to face the pain and stand on my own again, rather than use a constant need of companionship as a drug.

• Thats the right way to do things, I'm sorry to hear what your EX did, but you deserve better =)

What Guys Said 1

• Rebounds are purely for convenience, often don't go anywhere, beneficial though

What Girls Said 2

• I have never jumped to be soneones rebound because rebounds IMO are used to get your self esteem up after a break up and just need someon there to tell you your attractive. One of my friends got a rebound guy after her breakup with 'the love of her life' when she just wanted to feel wanted by someone who liked her. Honestly I think that was stupid of her even if he knew that was all he'd ever be to her. She should just be honest to herself and to him and not even get a rebound in the first place if she has no intention to date the guy for real.

• When I left my ex months ago, I could have easily gotten into another relationship but I refused. That's because, and as I always say, I never feed on people's emotions. I am not going to use a guy to feel better about myself. It's completely unfair.

• And that makes you a stronger, more secure individual. I agree with your view on that.

• Exactly :)