Why would a guy ask if something was a date? Is it just an expression?

I had a guy I really like ask me if I would like to do something on an upcoming weekend. I said that I would love to and he said so... is that a date?

What did he mean by this? Did he mean date as in a set time to meet up or date as in we're out on a date?

If he wanted it to be a date why didn't he just say "would you like to go out on a date with me?"

I ask because there is a 10 year age difference and I wonder if maybe I'm not understanding him.

Thanks for your advice!

What Guys Said 1

• He said so is that a date to ask you whether you would treat it as a date not like a regular outing with a friend

--> he likes you back and wants it to be romantic...

• Well that's good to know... I wonder why he didn't just say so in the first place?

• Probably because of the age gap. Some women are weirded out by age gaps and so he probably didn't want to come across too strong or put himself in a situation to offend or make you uncomfortable.

• that is probably true. He kissed me a day or two before that and then he apologized for being too forward

What Girls Said 0