Flowers on a first date?

Is bringing a girl flowers on a first date okay? I worry it might come of a little creepy, but I like to make my lady feel special. If flowers are okay, what kind of flowers to you think is best? If is is weird how long should I wait to surprise her with flowers?

I normally give a single white rose with baby's breath around it. I figure the white color represents purity so she isn't as likely to get the wrong message.

I will make this a poll so it is easier to check the answers, but please leave a response. Guys feel free to give me your opinion as well.

• Giving a girl flowers on the first date is creepy, or desperate.
  • It is fine but the kind of flowers matter.
  • It is fine and the kind of flowers does not matter.
  • I would rather something else besides flowers, like chocolate for example.
  • I just want to see the results.

Most Helpful Girl

• Its okay as long as you know the girl fairly well before the date - if you met recently, it can look desperate.

But it would never be "creepy" - they're flowers, they're beautiful! :)

What Girls Said 15

• I love getting flowers! My boyfriend has never gotten me flowers, actually I have only gotten flowers once in my life! So I think she would really appreciate it :) Roses are nice, so are lilies. But it's your choice, if you want to give her a white flower with baby breath that would be nice too!

• I agree with Moaterboat and say no. It sounds like a sweet gesture, but it's doing more harm than good. Girls don't want a "sweet" guy, no matter how much we say it. That's not to say we want an abusive a**hole either.

Flowers = sweet = friend.

Just bring yourself and be yourself.

• hahaha guys...they all don't know so they want to see the answers. too funny! alright gentlemen I think you know now that GIRLS LOVE FLOWERS! mostly haha

• I would love to get flowers on a first date!

• I don't like getting flowers from people. They die and I feel awful. I would much rather get something else!

• Giving a lady flowers is wonderful! I would love it and it is not creepy or desperate. Its thoughtful and shows that you are a true gentleman, and you won't get off the wrong foot. Regardless of what moaterboat says you should still give your lady flowers :) What kind of flowers? I like pink roses or lilacs, every girl is different, some like daisies, some like lilies. So you decide which flowers you should get her, decide what flower is more "her".

Good Luck.

• Flowers are NEVER a bad thing. :D They'll definitely make her feel special.

• it's perfectly fine :)

• I would say unless it's practically the first time you're meeting her, flowers are never bad. If a guy gave me flowers before he really knew anything at all about me, it wouldn't mean as much as if he gave them once he knew me a bit. My boyfriend gave me flowers after only a few short conversations, but then, he had just seen me in a dance performance, so it made sense. I think you have to use your own judgment to assess the situation.

• She might feel creeped out by it depending on who she is but I think its rare and sweet as long as your in not a formal wear. lol.

• I would think he was trying to hard if he got me flowers on a first date. I'd expect flowers on the third

• That would make me smile. How lovely. Daisies please. :D (kidding, those are just my fave.)

• Like any other gift it is the thought that counts! And bringing flowers is so so so sweet. Sign of a keeper!

• id love it!

• That's cute.

What Guys Said 6

• NO NO NO NO NO! Regardless of what any women say. Don't do it. Trust me on this one. It completely gets things started off on the wrong foot.

• What do you mean by that? Does it make me look desperate or creepy?

• Take me under your wing,sensei.

• So true! A guy who fawns over the women right away is usually put into the "friend zone" very quickly!

• as far as I remember...

girls a..i gave her flowers..only got dry humping

girl b...i gave her nothing...full results

girl c...i gave her nothing...full results

...other girls similar to last one...

• I love giving flowers as a sign of affection.

Of course I gave one in high school to a girl going with someone else and her boyfriend was very PO'd at her - and me.

• I'm on the fence on this one. We're supposed to have a "first date" later today even though we've been out once as friends and I kind of know her already. I wasn't even thinking about it, but my sister suggested take her a rose. So I thought maybe I should. After reading opinions, I don't know now, maybe anything but a red rose?

• Man, there is nothing better than flowers and I must tell you that Girls love flowers. Check this awesome website "FlowerAura" they are the best in the country, made my many special ocassions memorable. Give it a try!

• D... Flowers are expensive not being cheap or anything.