Kissing on a first date...Am I just easy?

i really don't see the problem with kissing on a first date these days! most people have kissed or even had sex with someone they just met in a night club and surely that is worse. why are so many people against it?

thanks everyone! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, but when the women are chasing me around trying to kiss me, it just :sigh: gets so old, so fast! Lol

I believe that "lip on lip" kissing, depending on circumstance and background culture is OK. For me, it seems like it should be a boyfriend girlfriend/husband wife relationship; an Uncle, Aunt, Dad or Mom kissing the kid on the lips, for me, is something I'm not used to, and am a little grossed out by, personally (I know, I'm going to get a bunch of angry responses. Heh).

I think that full blown making out should be reserved for a couple who knows each other REALLY well, and shouldn't necessarily be "just to hook up." Otherwise, a quick kiss, provided you both want to do it, is OK. Just as long as it's not making everyone else uncomfortable.

What Guys Said 8

• Are we talking a kiss or full on making out?

A kiss on first date ... I think a lack of one I'd take as a red flag.

• what if you're dealing with someone who just doesn't feel comfortable moving that quickly? I mean, one thing that varies from person to person is what level of intimacy kissing implies. to some it can't be done without deep, strong emotional backing. to others, it can be done more casually.

• I recognize _all_ of that, and I'm not recommending my warning system to others. I guess we all have our own baggage, I've had bad experiences with women where it wasn't a matter of moving quickly, it was a matter of not wanting to move at all. So perhaps I'm 'overly cautious' about that.

Guys I know who have been cheated on etc are more likely to be the other way - freaked out by a woman who moves fast.

• What you wrote, "Guys I know who have been cheated on etc are more likely to be the other way - freaked out by a woman who moves fast."

Can this explain why my Boyfriend is moving so slow with me? He knows that I have zero experience...he was my first kiss...he touches me and kisses me...just not on the lips...but I think that could be because he knows I'm nervous...

But my question is...do the guys you know that have been cheated on wait for sex longer in a relationship?

• If a girl ever tried to pressure me on the first date she'd be history. I could never be that comfortable after just one date.

• Kissing is just harmless fun really.

Don't think your easy as kissing means quite little really.

• I had sex on my last first 'date' within 3 hours of meeting the girl, so no kissing is not bad at all lol.

• its pretty normal in the us

• it doesn't make you easy but the thought of a kiss on the first date makes me nervous lol

• kiss on the first date is a no no but a blow job in the car on the way back would be expected:)

it all depends on chemistry if its there and you like the guy and he likes you too why not?

• Well there was a girl I somehow started dating, and she certainly implied that she wants to be kissed on the first date. As in, it would have been more awkward not to than to "go for it".

Honestly, I hate providing such level of intimacy to people I barely know. I won't ever do that again.

Ugh. Anyways, I could never find her "valuable", as in - easy come, easy go, and I don't care at all.

What Girls Said 6

• I don't know anyone (besides a few extremists on this site) who think kissing on the first date is easy. Having sex on the first date maybe, but even then I know plenty of relationships that have started from that. I've kissed on more than one first date and it's never affected a guys opinion of me. All of them were still very interested in pursuing a real relationship (not a friends with benefits or hookup scenario).

• i wouldn't say you're easy per se :p I'm just old-fashioned, I think a hug and a kiss on the cheek is enough on a first date :)

• A kiss on the first is fine these days, but in the olden days girls wouldve respected themselves and would not even let the guy near them so...

I wouldn't let a guy kiss me on the first date, now unless we have been friends for a long long time then I would kiss him myself, but if you don't know the person too well, its best to keep your lips away from the person at least till the 2nd or 3rd date.

• Kissing on the first date is what you SHOULD do to show the other person that you liked the date and that you like them. If you don't then it just means that you probably don't want another date with that person or you just want to be friends.

Honestly, unless I saw other reasons to believe otherwise, if a guy didn't show body language saying "I want to kiss you" at the end of the first date, I'd think he just wanted platonic friendship

• =( but that's so wrong. Not everyone is capable of kissing someone they don't know that well yet.

• yeah that's true. Some people aren't. But I would need to see other signs that he liked me

• I like the way you think...<3

• It just makes a woman easy and superficial you know. It showes that you can be hunted by a man at ease, and if you ever want any man to think about you like that, you can approve that. It is your viewpoint.

• I don't have a problem with it as long as

a. I'm not forcing the guy into it, and

b. the guy isn't forcing me into it.

If it happens naturally, it was meant to happen. If you have to tell yourself to like... set him up to kiss you, then you probably shouldn't kiss on the first date, or right at that moment.

It doesn't make you easy. I made out on the first date (and I'm still with that guy, so maybe it wasn't such a bad deal, hahah)... whooops.