Are dating websites worth it?

What's the deal with dating sites? I didn't date in college because I was way more interested in going out and didn't want to deal with the drama that would've come with me wanting to go out with my friends all the time. Everyone I work with is at least 15 years older than me and I'm back at home and I went to school pretty far away and only kept in touch with like 3 people from high school.

So I stooped to the level of dating sites to meet a guy and it's just not working. Plenty of Fish was just creepy and with OK Cupid the guys that message me are guys that I have no interest in and the guys I message never message me back. I'm not ugly, I'm not fat, I'm a size 0, I have my own job and everything so I don't understand what the problem is. I'm starting to wonder if it's because I'm black and maybe people are more racist than I think they are and are automatically I'm assuming I'm ghetto or something. So is it worth sticking with it or should I just go about living my life and hope someone special comes along?

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe your standards are too high. I have seen a lot of women on dating sites refuse to date anyone unless he is way out of her league. That is why a lot of those women remain alone and bitter. Also your profile (which men do read) might be sending the wrong message.

What Guys Said 1

• believe me I try OK cupid and it is a f***ing bad site and dating sites will just make you feel bad about yourself so yeah delete your account and go on your life and be sure that you will get what you deserve (that is what I did)

What Girls Said 1

• I know a dating site which can help you. My best friend Lucy find a new boyfriend there. And they will get married next mouth. Now I'm try to find my right guy there. Strongly recommend to you. “daterichsingles.com”. Good luck. ^_^