Would you date multiple people at the same time? Why?

There are guys and girls who like dating multiple people at the same time. Would you do this? Why would you?

Might doing so discourage people you are dating though? They might feel intimidated by it.
Would you hold it against someone for refusing to date you because you were going out with more than one person?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I wouldn't be able to juggle more than one person. I'd probably end up mixing up names and things like that.

What Girls Said 11

• If I'm not in a relationship and meet more than one guy I'm interested in, then absolutely. If I'm in a relationship then absolutely not.

Why? It keeps my options open. It keeps me less stressed about one guy's actions. It makes it easier to find a guy I'm really compatible with, and it means I won't miss out on the opportunity to meet someone great just because I'm "kinda seeing went on one date with that one guy one time."

If someone doesn't want to date me because I'm dating other people when we're not exclusive yet, that's his choice. Although I've never had this happen before. Guys usually push me to commit faster when they learn I'm seeing other people. When it's just them I'm seeing, they tend to be more scared of commitment.

• I'm not the type to date several guys because I normally only date a guy I'm really in to, which normally turns into a relationship pretty fast >_<

I tried it once when I was like... 15 lol but I wasn't too comfortable with it. I felt like I was hiding something from them :/ Idk. I over think these sorts of things.

• When I started dating at 23 I did date multiple people at a time, without having sex with anyone of them and letting them all know that I was seeing other men. They would try to get me to have sex with them or they would try to get me to commit to them and not the other men but I was really picky. Once I am serious and in a relationship with someone, no I wouldn't date any other person in respect to the man I am in a serious relationship with.

• Would you date multiple people at the same time? Yes in fact I already do

Why? It's better than being stuck with one guy, I enjoy multi tasking, and you get to meet more people.

Might doing so discourage people you are dating though? Hasn't ever happened to me before. Only thing that happens is that they try to encourage me to commit.

• Would you hold it against someone for refusing to date you because you were going out with more than one person? No everyone's entitled to their preferences in a partner as long as it doesn't involve hurting others without their consent, animals, children, illegal activity, or invasion of privacy

• Date, yes.

Be in a relationship with, no.

The whole premise of dating someone is to get to know them, to see if you want to take things further, to see if you connect with the person and want to progress to relationship territory. Dating is in no way - in my eyes - at least, exclusive; you just have to make a choice at some point.

• @update - it might discourage some guys, and others, well it might spur them on. Make them more aware of the risk of losing you. I don't know about everyone else - but when I'm dating a guy I don't expect to be the only girl he's talking to at the time. Sure it might be nice if I were, but I don't expect it. I know I'm just getting to know the guy, and honestly, if I really like him, then I'm not going to let the fact that someone else is maybe interested in him ruin that.

• I wonder though.. To all the girls that said they would date multiple guys.. How would you feel if the guy you really like (that you started dating), did the same to you?

• I refer you to my above comment, the '@ update' one.

• I think if I'm not in a relationship at all, and just dating to find the right guy, then yes, I would. I would not be having sex with any of them, as that is not something I feel inclined to do, personally. If I were in a committed relationship where we said we are not dating others, then I wouldn't date around.

I don't think I would "announce" to my dates that I'm dating others, if you aren't in a committed relationship, you both already know it. If he asks me, I would tell him, sure. After about 3 to 5 dates though, I think you know if it's going to amount to anything or go into something you want to pursue. Then maybe talk about it. Maybe not. IDK.

• Yes I would. but one relationship at a time.

• Depends...if I'm in serious relationship that time I wont.If I don't have any commitment with a guy(bf) then I would.

• No.

It's rare that I find a guy I'm interested in dating at all. Besides the fact that I find it unlikely that I would find multiple, I'd hate to have to try and juggle them all. It just seems like too much effort.

To be honest, if I found out a guy was dating other women whilst dating me, I'd be turned off. It would most likely kill my interest.

• yes I would do it I can handle having one in every other city but I choose not to because I'm just tired of dateing guys... and I'm not into that.

• No, I only need one person at a time.

What Guys Said 8

• I didn't do it growing up, and I'm currently married, but if I were single again, heck yes I would. I wouldn't lie about it, I'd be very open about whether we were dating or a couple, etc.

• I would not date multiple people because how can you focus on getting to know a particular person when you are distracted with other people.. I mean people say they want relationships, but then turn around and do this.. How can you get into a relationship if you are not truly focusing on the person... (this is only true if you really like the person).. If you don't like the person don't string them along and make them hope.. I am speaking from current experience..

• No. I don't want to distribute my time, energy and love to many girls. I want to make her feel special which is why I would reserve my everything for her including my virginity.

• No. I like to concentrate on one person at a time.

• No, if I can't focus 100% of my affection on one person than that is being unfair

• no, I think it's disrespectful

• I like how most of the guys said no, and most girls here said yes. lol Could it be that women could be better muilti taskers or the men here are more respectful.. lol

• yes I dated one girl and ended up having relationship with her and suddenly she broke up with me and I struggled a lot ..so next time I am gonna be that two timing jerk..i wanna be selfish too

• No you won't. You are just hurt. You will meet someone you like, & you won't want to hurt her. Because you are nice. That other girl wasn't. I'm sorry that happened to you.

• Yes. I would do it in order to meet new people and see if I like them. When you see a girl in a place like the grocery store, it's kind of hard to get to know her. So you date her a few times to find out if there is anything there. Dating a few girls like that at a time is no big deal. Once I'm into a girl though and like her, she is the only one I will be seeing from there on out.

• @update: If I didn't know her yet, and I was on a coffee date or something and she didn't want to get to know me because I was getting to know a few other girls as well, then oh well, good bye... If I had been talking with her for a while and like her, then like I said above, she would be the only one I would be seeing from there on out.