When and why do you call somene babe? Just in general or only to someone special?

Im asking because I've been wrong in the past. Some girls call everyone babe while others only call their boyfriends or maybe younger kids babe. So to who and why do you call someone babe? I'm not going to lie sometimes it's confusing girls.

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, I only really call the person I'm seeing 'babe' or 'baby'. The only exception is one female friend who I also call that sometimes. She's one of those cute, sweet, tiny little petite girls that just give you the urge to squeeze them. =P She calls a lot of people 'baby', and so I call her that on occasion. It's a joke and a term of endearment.

What Girls Said 7

• I never liked the word "babe" per say, cause it just sounds "blah". I think that word should be banned.

• I only say it to someone I'm attracted to or seeing

• can't really answer this because english is not my native language. but I do call my good girl friends something like "babe"

• I don't really like that word because I always think of Babe the Pig when I hear it.

• I don't call anyone babe, but I have friend who call men, women & children babe or hon. Really, trying to figure out someone by one word sounds like you're clutching at straws, my man. If a chick is into you, there will be other signs.

• i don't use nicknames at all. but if I were to, it would be for a bf

• never call someone babe. it reminds me of that f'in pig. lol.

What Guys Said 2

• omg, I LOVE to call the girls I like "babe". especially texts. Just terms of endearment makes me smile

• Just a pet name out of endearment. If she does it to everyone don't read too much into it.