Do guys realize what girls go through when the guy quits calling and texting them all of a sudden?

Do guys realize what girls go through when the guy quits calling and texting them all of a sudden? One day everything is fine and the guy acts and says he interested.then bam! the girl doesn't hear from him again and he completely backs off. Do guys realize that girls sit around and wonder what they did, or what went wrong constantly and drive themselves crazy over it?

Or do you feel that they move on and never think of them again?

Most Helpful Guy

• I disagree with a lot of what this question regards - Your referring to every situation with every guy which isn't appreciated, but at the same time you have a valid point. By the way I'm sorry if this comes off like a snob but ill be happy to voice my opinion:

I was interested in this girl, she texted me she "wanted me" I told her that took some balls and that I like her too but we need to take things slow; 3 days later my brother texts me she is up on another dude.. Okay - yeah - that's aight I'm not gonna take part of the jealousy mind games, you do what you do, you know where I'm at.

Needless to say I ended up slowing down the texts not on purpose but based off proaction from what she texts back:

Me: "Hey hun how are things"

Her: "Good"

Me: "Right on, so I heard -insertmoviehere- is out now. Lets go tonight!"

Her: "I'm busy doing -insertactivityhere-"

Me: "Ok

Next couple days pass and here's another convo:

Me: "Morning hun" *3 hours later*

Her: "Hey"

Me: "Whats are your plans for today"

Her: "Nothing really, sitting at home, u?"

Me: "Work till 7:30"

Her: "Aight - I miss you"

Me: "I miss you too, stuff seems different, is everything okay?"

Her: <-- she didn't text back.

So as you can see, I start edging off when red flags pop up - just like for her, she's terrified and it took tremendous courage to approach me and let me know that she likes me... but she's not making herself available to doing anything - However she still invites me to come to her =/ I'm not quite understanding it, but at the same time here is clearly where I stand:

If a guy/girl stops calling or texting you - obviously something has changed, it could be many factors (They feel different like you mentioned, they could be aware of the fact that the person they are interested in is trying the waters with not only them but everyone, they could be trying many things) Either way its a 50/50 win/lose streak where you must be cautious. Now if they cut off everything together, who cares - move to the next... don't waste your breath :)

• - If you liked my advice given here please select "Best Answer" so others may view this information below your question ;; this in turn will make it easier and more convient for future generations -

Best Regards~

ArtistBBoy

What Guys Said 11

• Not to ignore your question, but allow me to turn it around: do girls know what guys go through when they say they'd love to go out sometime and give us their number, but then avoid our calls? Did we do something wrong? Or was is she simply too cowardly to say "no thanks" to my face?

Sometimes when guys back off they've lost interest. Other times we're waiting for the girl to show an interest. We wonder "why doesn't she ever call me on her own? am I boring to her? is she talking to other guys? why do I feel exploited because I'm initiating all the contact?" so we back off a bit, and wait for the girl to show a little effort.

And finally, so what if a guy doesn't call? It used to really bother me when a girl flaked out on me. Now it doesn't bother me so much, because I realize it's her loss, and I can find another girl who'll respect me. adjusting your attitude, and reclaiming some personal power, can help you in situations like this.

• Yeah man you said it. Its really hard to tell when a girl is interested sometimes, and so many girls just expect men to initiate all of the contact. WORD. ANd its like...do you have any interest in me at all? It makes a guy feel like sh*t when he's the one always trying to start convo's and plan things. especially if the girl usually responds.....Its like: OK, she's answering my texts/calls frequently, but she never initiates anything herself. Frustrating

• Girls do that too? Interesting.

I get time to myself during certain parts of the week, usually other parts of the week I'm very busy and often don't have time to call and have a conversation. It's certainly not because I don't care about my girlfriend (if I had one) but simply because it's not possible or not safe (I work in a dangerous enviroment).

So basically I need someone who understands the situation.

• we feel that you are trying to play games after not responding or getting the hint that we like you. the guy probably moved on or is waiting for you to ask him why he stopped in order to show you how he feels. honestly I can say that he probably still thinks about you but is waiting for you to put some effort as well. Put your pride on the bleechers for once and ask him why he stopped.

• So say a girl waited after about three weeks for only hearing from him on and off should she still try to talk to him about it? I've tried to text him and such to get a conversation going but he never continued it so I just figured that was that. Should a girl still put her pride away and ask what's up?

• Once in a while...do you think it will be hard to find someone better? if not give it a try at least once...wont hurt anyone

• i have never thought I was doin anything negative and its simple why because SHE WOULD NEVER HIT ME UP FIRST! (if we were in the just met stage) in my mind its like dam well she clearly must not like me oh well; and I move on. lol thas how it is for me homes haha but what do yall go through?

• There are a lot of absent minded guys out there.

• Every single time I have done something like this, it is because the girl blew me off multiple times. She may have been flaky or made it seem like she was not interested at all. I really do not like the miscommunication girls give me sometimes!

• girls do it too

• I didn't know that

• I'm so sorry I sometimes do that, I am guilty, just never thought about it. when a text message is too lame I would just no respond. (But I don't do it to play with her feelings, I promise). I'll try to reply every time now, thanks to your question.

• Can't answer for all guys, but a girl that I was once interested in seemed to loose interest in me. She practically used me as well. She just never seemed to initiate any conversations anymore, so I got tired of it and stopped all contact with her. After a month, she started to try to talk to me, and it failed. Honestly, she wasn't my type, and I wasn't going to play her mind games: so I gave her the same poison she used on me, and obviously, she didn't like it.

If I hurt her, oh well. She hurt me, and I learned what type of woman I would NOT want to be with

• I don't know, but I could easily say the same about girls. Painful events like that go both ways.

What Girls Said 4

• some guys don't care, some guys care

i know that sometimes I worry when my boyfriend does not call me when he says he will but I would expect at least a text or something to tell me where he's at or what he's doign or if he's at work, I leave him a lone

talk to him about this, don't complain, try talking and seeing if you two can figure out a way to compromise

• Its a game, usually players do this, if they are not interested and were genunine they should be saying that to you instead of leading you on and hurting you like this. I went through this, and he was just a gutless wonder who was using me, so move on dear if this happens to you, you are worth more than this.

• Bad advice...first off...do you text or show any interest on your behalf? if not, then you made the same mistake many people do and that is assuming why he stopped instead of straight out asking him why. guys don't like playing games. its the girls that make us do the same to them. US guys like things simple. either you like us or you dont.

• Yeah, it IS BAD ADVICE. Guys don't play games. Guys are not manipulative and catty like that. In a guys ideal world, things would be straight up and to the point. And the guys who can succesfully manipulate women for sex are far and few between man, let me tell you. Players are a f***in rare bunch. Sorry but that's one sided, narrow minded advice. The girls are always thge ones sending mixed signals, which causes men to send them back, because men are unsure if women like them or not. Both ways.

• To JL: Well, I think one of them (either the guy or the girl) should make should clear it out then. If the guy really wants to be in a rel. with her, why don't he do the asking to sort things out? I mean if the girl really gets his signal that he likes her etc..

• Guys like this just want to play games, not worth it to sit around and wonder about what they are doing etc. just move on.

• ye who knows.but I had the same case but then I guess came to the realization that he may need me and deicded to try to establish some contact after a month.

i think it's just a phase they go through where either 1) they are confused and may consider breaking up with you 2) seem to have more pride than care for their girls and therfore don't call/text,etc becuase you gotta do it first maybe like a test?.either way whatever reason it is, it's immature. they don't deserve you and they clearly don't take the relationship seriously so might as well move on.