Should I return my ex's call?

My ex broke up with me almost five months ago. We were friends for a while, but the lines blurred. Then he decided that he didn't want to be back in a relationship. He texted a couple week ago, and I responded for a few minutes. We haven't actually talked in over a month, but he called today. I didn't answer. Should I return the call or not? Why would he have called?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• call you never know what he might of wanted

• if you're trying to move on I wouldn't call. If you do be prepared for false hopes. Let him want you. If you do call back keep it brief.

• I'm really debating. I don't know what the right thing is. Part of me wants to know why he called and hear his voice. Part of me wants to keep trying to heal. The problem is, I still love him and probably always will. I don't know how he'll take no response from me. I wonder if he'll try to contact me again, if I stay silent. I don't want him out of my life completely, but I don't want my hear to be jerked around either. So you think no response would be best?

• I am going through the same thing right now.. If you want call him. Just be prepared for him not to answer. I told my ex I need time to heal and when I was ready I would get in contact with him. call and see what happens because I know that's what you want to hear. GL!