What do you do to keep your mind off of this? HELP?

I recently asked out a girl that I have known for about 3 years. she has been going out with the same guy ever since I have known her. and just a couple weeks ago she dumped him complaining that she wanted to go out with a good guy. I recently went out to the bar with this girl. we hit it off she was very touchy feely and danced with me most of the night. I took that as a sign as she might like me. so I asked her out the following day. I was way wrong and I got shut down. I'm very upset at this whole thing do to the fact that I really liked this girl. if you had deep feelings for a person and they turned you down how would you keep your mind from thinking of that person?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't sit back and wait years for a woman. You would just be a rebound at that point at best. If she really wanted you she would have dumped her boyfriend for you a long time ago. Go out and meet available women. I don't think women are turned on by vulture type men, it seems desperate.

What Girls Said 2

• Well, if she turned you down then clearly she doesn't llike you in that wya, and if she doesn't like you in that way then she doesn't deserve you =)

You deserve more than someone who doesn't like you, so what I would say is that hard as it is, move on. DOn't think about the past, or what COULD have happeed, because it didn't did it? Instead be positive, be open to other girls, be happy and most of all recognise that you are fine without a girl =)

Good luck!

• Well first I wouldn't interact with the person at all (or for a while if you really care for her has a friend). Second I'd get out more to keep my mind occupied to places I enjoy. Second, I'd date... as much as possible. Not trying to turn you into a man whore but if you're out having fun with other women it's less likely that you'll be thinking about the one that shut you down. Just avoid being alone and staying home is basically what I'm trying to say.

• i unfriend her on the face book. and blocked her.

What Guys Said 3

• well I'll give you the honest answer: you've got to have options. More than 1 girl. Dating is fun because you can date multiple women.

Did you ask her out as in ask her on a date? Or ask her to be your girlfriend?

• asked out on a dinner date

• well there's your first mistake, the last type of date a girl wants is the typical cheesy dinner date. next time think of something more fun, relaxed and casual like going to happy hour, going for a hike, going to the fair, taking a walk somewhere, etc.

• I would slash her tires and throw eggs at anyone who has the same name as her.

Man, rejections happen. Accept it and move on.

• Play hard to get and if she does not contact you at all then forget it. People are much happier being with someone that is really "into" them.