Why guys don't text a lot?

My boyfriend don't text alot. Just to say hi or make plains to meet. I try to text to just play around but he don't

Most Helpful Guy

• For me, because:

1. Texting is about the worst form of communication you can use. I'd rather send messages in smoke signals. If I'm texting, it's because I want to relay information, not for fun. If you want to talk for fun, we can do it on the phone, on IM, or best of all, in person.

2. My phone is horrible for texting (I have a Juke), so a single hundred character text message takes at least 5 straight minutes of pushing tiny button with my large man hands. I could relay the same information in quicker time by Pony Express.

What Guys Said 4

• Because we're less bound to communication. We do it to get facts across, to make plans, because we have a problem and things like that. Not just to talk.

• I never used to text a lot. Use to just relay information and stuff. Now I text a lot, see it as something that supplements talking on the phone/in person.

I'll quite happilly play around when texting now. Can't remember what changed my view on it.

• I like to text girls a lot, but not guys. Sixstring nailed it.

• is that a bad thing? I think its more admirable if a guy wants to handle stuff face to face...

What Girls Said 2

• Most guys just don't like texting or even anything phone related that much. If he's always been that way with you then it's nothing to worry about and it doesn't mean he doesn't love you or anything like that.

• Don't make it into a big issue with him. My ex boyfriend does that too and I was feeling insecure about it. But it's just the way he is. As long as he treats you well that is all that matters.