Should I pay for lunch?

I've been texting this girl that I met at a party pretty solid for about a week and a half. I'm a freshman in College and she goes to my old High school in town. I asked if she wanted to go to lunch sometime and we are going soon. I was wondering if I should pay for lunch or not. I'm not even sure if I actually want to date this girl, so I don't want to make it seem like a "date" but I also don't want to come off as stingy in case I do decide to go farther. I don't mind paying because, heck it's only like $10, but it's mostly just the thought/action of paying that is what matters.

What do you think?

She only has 45 minutes for lunch including the drive, so we will most likely be going to some sort of fast food or subway type of place if that makes a difference

Most Helpful Guy

• always pay, if your dating or not and even if the girl offers to pay her half, say thanks but you will pay, it doesn't matter, its what us guys do, so don't let yourself down by not paying.

What Girls Said 2

• I think it shows chivalry paying for a girl :) ull b able to tell if she thinks its a proper date shell probably let you pay but if it just a hanging outthing she'll offer most likely. Good luck :)))

• If you asked her out, you should be paying whether you're sure you want to "date" her or not. You've still asked her to hang out one on one which classifies as a date. You'd be very rude not to offer to pay.

• Wait, You're going to a fast food place and you're making a big deal about paying? lol That's like a few bucks. I'd treat a friend I had no interest in to something like that. Why ask her out if money is such an issue.

• Read my question... "I don't mind paying because, heck it's only like $10, but it's mostly just the thought/action of paying that is what matters."

What Guys Said 2

• Even if she is just a friend you pay. It's what a gentleman does. It may be construed as a date by her but you can make up your mind after if it was a date or not and let her sweat it out. A little bit of leading on won't make her hate you in the event you don't end up dating her.

• Yes, you asked her to lunch, so you pay.