Why did he kiss me on the lips?

My best friend of 27 years is a guy. We've always greeted each other with a kiss on the cheek and hug. The last time we were together hanging out, his kissed my lips instead (mind you I'm not complaining). Why all of a sudden would this change? I don't know how to interpret this gesture. Any help would be great!

this occurred three times over the course of the visit. if this helps with your advice.

Most Helpful Guy

• Take it as innocently as the other kisses, because if you don't mind and he realizes this, eventually, these kisses will become more than a hello goodbye gesture, but play it cool and allow him to continue, unless of course you don't want this to go any further, x

• thanks for your insight! Can't wait to see what happens the next time we get together!

• Absolutely, just make your time eventful and friendly, and make it aware that you enjoy his company, I can't see it being long before he has to express a little more towards you, good luck,x

• update for you: The behavior has continued and gotten more touchy/ feelly since my original post here. He so gives me butterflies... He has been more vocal about our past and had brought up the crazy connection we share and says he doesn't get it sometimes but all he knows is that he loves me... Christmas may be the best yet ever! :)

What Guys Said 3

• Quit tiptoeing around. Just ask him if things are different for him. If he's that good a friend, it should be okay. My guess is that he's sweet on you and has decided to act on it but who knows?

• Either it was a slip, or he couldn't suppress his real feelings anymore.

• guess he is finally showing his feelings for you

What Girls Said 1

• I think your friend finally built up the nerve to SHOW you how he really feels about you! If you feel the same (which it sounds like you do), then consider yourself lucky. One of my best friends from over 30+ years ago, could never quite build up the nerve to speak about his feelings for me...and sadly it remains the same today. Enjoy the ride. Hopefully it will be a long, slow, sweet ride indeed. Good luck.