Does height matter?

I've always been curious. I've heard a lot of girls won't date guys shorter than them, and guys won't date girls taller than them. I want to know if this is true or total bs.

Does height matter to you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm short for a guy (5' 7) and I've found that girls get pretty uncomfortable when they're significantly taller than me. I've dated girls taller than me (5' 8 and 5'9) but they were exceptions, since most girls I meet that are taller than me don't like being taller than the guy. I would guess that it's because the man is supposed to be the strong protector (according to tradition anyway) and it's hard for a girl to think that a guy will protect her when she's towering over him (especially if she's wearing pumps haha).

What Girls Said 8

• i have to say I won't date anyone smaller than me I'm only 5ft so no thanks

• its true I am 4"9 and a half I would never date a guy who was shorter then me only tall guys for me its not BS at all and I love how I have no problem snuggling with them but with a short guy its a problem I have dated only one short guy it was so uncoftable trying to cuddle with him because we were both short lol so the taller the better for me

• lol its true. I would never date a guy who is shorter then me.its just weird. It doesn't look perfect. But he shouldn't be too tall either.

• i like dating guys that are taller because I like to wrap my arms around guys and if the guy is shorter I feel like I'm trying to protect him almost like he's my little brother or a kid I'm baby-sitting.

• Sorry but yes. At least equal height or taller for me.

• No need to be sorry, I'm 6'6", never seen a girl taller than me.

I was just curious

• well I totally wouldn't its harder for me since I'm like amazon size I'm 5'10 without my heels in which I ALWAYS wear but I have have the perfect mand for me whos 6'5. It would have to be a REALLY special guy to get me to NOT wear heels hehehehe

• lol, nah height doesn't matter to me since my boyfriend is really tiny :).

• Its true.

What Guys Said 6

• Idk I don't want to outright say that I wouldn't date girls taller than me (I'm 6'1) since there are some really hot chicks I know that are just an inch taller, BUT in general I like girls who are smaller than me so I can just swallow them in my arms.

• I dated a girl for a while that was taller than me. I don't like it, I prefer dating girls shorter than me.

• I have only met two girls taller than me (6'5") and both of them were stone cold FOXES. I would totally date them.

• I think that if the girl is the same hight or maybe an inch taller then fine but I don't want to date someone who is taller then me. but that's just my preference.

• what you explained is a norm, because women wind up to be shorter than us... they don't want to have to date anybody shorter, we can't really change a norm... only sometimes

• Let me ask you a question, does a girls with tits and ass matter to you? That's how height matter to them.

- A real Advice.