Is it weird to like a younger guy in high school? Is it weirder to try and make him break up with his girlfriend?

So I'm a senior in high school right now and the way it works in my school (and in most schools) is that we are basically the sh*t. There's this one Sophomore who is incredibly hot and adorable and I want him like no other, only he just started dating this tall, skinny, gorgeous blond chick. Do I have the right to want him? Do I have the right to take him? More importantly can I and how? Judging by my picture do you think I have a chance against adorable, skinny, stunning, and blonde? Not to mention his own age? Furthermore would it be weird if we started hooking up/going out because of the age difference?

Also I'm his editor on the school newspaper, and I can't tell sometimes if he is actually into me at all or if it's just the fact that we have to communicate a lot or if it's just him. I guess I'm freaking out because a) I really like him and b) it's been a while since I've been intimidated by a guy, much less one younger than I am.

Most Helpful Guy

• Relationships at that age don't mean anything. If you show real interest he will either peruse you or he won't. He probably thinks he has no shot with you. When I first saw your picture it looked like a fake. I though you got an old picture of mandy moore and put in up there. I don't want to fill your head because arrogant chicks are unattractive to me but your pretty much a perfect looking girl. Maybe that's just me idk.

What Guys Said 8

• It's not weird if you like a guy who is younger, neither is it for you to try to make him break up with his girlfriend BUT it is still wrong. She had him first. No, you do not have any right to try to take him away from her. Even if I could tell you how to do it, I wouldn't.

• Yea go for it. Age doesn't matter and I think that you are hot, so you would stand a chance against that blond chick.

• She got to him first you should lay off. How would you like it if another girl went after your guy? I'll stop with the moral lesson since that's not the question, but I just thought you should know. When I was in high school I always thought (and still think) that it would be incredibly hot to date an older chick, so you definitely have an advantage there. I LOVE blonds, especially the tall, skinny, and gorgeous ones, if he's anything like me you don't stand a chance. Am not saying you're ugly or anything like that because you're definitely not, just personally nothing comes close to a tall, skinny, and gorgeous blond chick.

• age don't matter cause for girls it just doesn't? the parents most likely won't get mad. but I do know how he would feel I'm 19 and I look 10 years of what I really em. so I get numbers and emails from chicks at least 21-30. a lot of them are like real beutiful but my age turns them off or I know there to shy what everyone would think since I'm 19. I don't care its just about there comfort level. you dig the guy but if you ask him out and he rejects you you'll make a fool of yourself and if he goes for you the sad blond will find someway to get you back problably since your still in high school.

• Um, I doubt she will because she's an underclassman, but thanks?

• Trying to get him to break up with his girlfriend make you a bitch. You have the right to want him, but you don't have the right to take him. No it wouldn't be weird.

• Go for it.

Just be prepared for the drama that can ensue from things like this.

I'd say you have a chance.. seriously, it's high school.. so yea.. not hard to play the field there.

• Its not weird to try and make him split up with his girlfriend that's called being a f***in bitch...

• because that NEVER happens in high school. The thing is she'll get over it, move on, and date other ppl. They're only underclassmen. I, on the other hand, know what I want and it's him.

• ...I hope blondy figures it out and kicks your ass or something. That would be funny.

• oh, I sincerely hope she tries.

• Do you have the right to want him and take him? Sure. Can you? maybe. In high school, the older girls tend to be more desirable becuase they've got the better, more womanly bodies. The biggest t*ts and curvy hips and butts that make the guys hard just looking. In your picutre, it's tough to get a sense of your body, but you have a pretty face. A full body shot of you and this hot blond chick would help. Plus, how long has he been with her? Are they having sex? These things will matter in terms of how strong his bond is with her.

• dude why you such an asskisser this chicks a little bitch put her back in her place bro

• I guess you're right, it's just the case with them as of right now. On my profile. Don't get me wrong, she's a perfectly nice girl, I just want to be sure I have more to offer before I do something stupid

• Oh damn! She IS hot. Yeah, you'd need to do a lot more than just show up to pull a guy away from this girl. And if she's got a good personality, that will also make her a pretty compelling girlfriend. Not too many guys would risk blowing it with a girl like that.

What Girls Said 2

• LOL @ HS drama.

• girl have some respect for yourself ... he has a girlfriend and he's in 10th grade. how would you feel if some girl did that to you? ... think about it. you're a pretty girl, I'm sure you can get a guy who is available.