My friend and I got in a deep conversation about going on dates. What do you think about this?

I was talking with my friend about it. And he said "he dose not like to go on dates because people are pretending to be someone who they are not." what is your opinion on this? And I think that it is true. Most of people do. Many of people are acting different when they go on dates and in a relationship they show there true colors.

• Yes most of people do act different
  • No I don't think that most of people act different

Most Helpful Girl

• well, yeah. you're right. But the thing is, everyone hides something. And sometimes they hide worse things than others. so I agree it's nerve racking, and not exactly true in color, but it's fun to get to know someone sometimes, even if it's not that much. The thing is, is that if you want someone you're dating to show you the real them, you're going to have to show them the real you first. It's to show you don't want lies that would hurt more or less than the truth and you want to know them before the lies get worse.

What Guys Said 2

• We don't really date in ireland especially with a random girl you just met...seems like it would be incredibly awkward and you'd be all nervous and not yourself...

I'd much prefer to get to know someone in either of your houses with a bottle of wine (or 3) and a crappy movie...

But I guess once you's know that you's are into each other then I think its definitely OK to do something more formal like dinner or something

• Dating sucks. For the reason given and a whole host of others.

What Girls Said 4

• For those who are not comfortable dating its never a good idea. I know because I'm one of those girls who hates dating I rather meet someone and get to know them before I date them. That way I'll feel more relaxed and not have to worry if he likes me or not or if he will call me the next day. People get to know the real you when they get to know you.

• i act like myself, except I'm a bit less relaxed, I stick closer to etiquette... but my interests, the way I speak, it's all the same. :)

• disagree. you're not hiding who you are. you're just showing your best side

• I've never dated, so I do'nt have much frame of reference, but I know for me personally, I couldn't pretend to be something I'm not even if I wanted to. I would much rather be totally real on the first date. Get everything out there, lay all my cards on the table, you know? Haha, I mean what have you got to lose?

I would also really appreciate if he did the same.

• She's pretty much stating that people try to impress more and be fake or embellish, which I do agree that they do. Most people do try to be the best they can on a date and as they get into the relationship they end up showing true color.