Would you text someone of the opposite gender to see how they are if you liked them romantically?

He texts me every couple of days, just to see how I am & see what I’m doing. He has always initiated the text. This has been going on for some time now. Guys do you just normally text a girl every other day or so, or do you think that he likes me? Could you explain, please? Thanks in advance!

• He likes you – I would only initiate a text to them every other day if I liked them romantically
  • He’s just a friend – I always text girls every couple of days to see how they are – even if I don’t like them romantically

Most Helpful Guy

• Whenever I ask this question, I legitimately want to know how the person is doing and I'm usually disappointed if the answer is a simple 1-2 words.

• So if I give him an honest anwer like in the update, I'm not annoying him with too much info?

• Not if he's legitimately asking. If he isn't and he does get annoyed, he wasn't worth your time anyways.

• Alright, thanks :)

What Guys Said 9

• I would want an honest answer, but even if I didn't care, the former answer gives more to talk about. Like I can ask "Super busy? What's going on?" and a new conversation starts. With "Fine", you don't really have that opportunity.

• Depends. Am I close to the girl, or are we just friendly?

• Well he texts me like every other day or so, just wanting to see how I'm doing & what I'm up to. I've known him for about 6mon. I'd say we're close, right?

• If it was a genuine friend, I would. Or if it was someone I was worried about I would.

• I would want a honest answer.

• i really want to know

• I picked A, but if you really want to know them more it would also be B to start a conversation with them. You should have C both, I mean if your genuinely concern you also want to just talk.

• Well he either likes you as a friend or as "more"...I would say the odds favor "more"...

• yes every time. I'm always curious how or what they're doing

• He likes you, as he tried to ask you out?

• No. Well not really. He asked me to go to work with him one day, but I had to work too so it didn't work out. He usually works far away, but that day he was local. :-/ I wish I knew where I stood...

What Girls Said 6

• I pretty much only text people if I'm interested in actually talking to them. Texting is kind of a waste of time if you're just bsing about nothing, or whatever.

• Both, honestly, lol. I DO care how they're doing, but it is also an excuse to talk to them.

• i really want to know how they are

• i want to know how they really are

• I actually want to know, it's more of a conversation starter anyways rather then "good, you?"

• I use it as an excuse to text him.