What does the term 'take it slow' mean to men?

I'm just curious what the male interpretation of taking a relationship slow means.

How would you act if you were seeing a girl and 'taking it slow?'

This applies to the bedroom as well.

Most Helpful Guy

• it means not having sex until there's a good chance things will last.

What Guys Said 7

• Ok, a long term relationship for men would be 3 months as opposed to the 6 months girls consider. Taking it slow means to take it slow- as in not have sex on an impulse, don't make out on the first date, etc

• Just off the top of my head:

-- Keep the dates short (3 hrs. or less at first, maybe 5 hrs. or less as time goes on)

-- Keep the dates spread out (once a week at most)

-- No physical intimacy in the early stages (clouds judgment and complicates things)

-- Date for several months before discussing relationship potential

-- Keep things fun and enjoyable (no heavy, depressing or inappropriate subjects)

• No anal on the first date

• In the bedroom I guess I see it as she is the lead, and she'll let me know when she's ready to do stuff but all it takes is a small hint like undoing a belt and I'll take it from there...

• Taking it one step at a time and not rushing anything until both people are comfortable.

• Take it slow only has one meaning: no sex.

• To me it means I don't want to get too serious with you cause I'm not sure what I feel for you yet, if anything.

What Girls Said 1

• I would like to know this as well, thanks for asking the question.