How do I put myself out there and start dating?

I'm 21 and I've never had a boyfriend before... I've never really put myself out in the dating world to meet one.., how do you do it? I just thought I would live my life and wait and see what happens ( but nothing is happening :( ) so I think I need to try a bit harder.

Most Helpful Girl

• The best kind of guys are the ones you meet in your everyday life because they like or do the same things as you. I am not saying don't do this but I would not suggest the club, or the bar anything like that. I know a lot of young people go out there but you do not want to be someones booty call or the girl they half remember. Don't be a complete home body go out with your friends, do something that you normally wouldn't do but do not completely out of your comfort zone. Also you do not have to be a sleeze to get the guy, if he is a good one he will notice you without the revealing clothing. Don't get me wrong wearing something cute always helps but you don't have to be the center of attention. I don't know where you live but sporting events, barbeques, concerts, and other venues like that are a good way to meet guys too. Also you have to figure out what kind of guy your trying to go after to before you plan where your going. Don't just settle for anyone either :) If you really do not run into anyone 1 and 5 relationships now are from online dating websites if your more comfortable doing it this way. Hope this helps.

What Guys Said 5

• If your swimming with sharks and not getting bit--dont tie bloody meat on your body and throw chum to appeal to one or two of them. Keep doing what your doing at a slow pace or the shark you attract could be the wrong type.

So wait and see what happens. =D

Good Luck.

• I know so many girls like you. You're probably a good girl, so I wouldn't worry about it. Guys will come to you. Just make sure you have a friendly disposition.

• glad I'm not alone since I'm 23 and still single

• If you want a life that doesn't include bullsh*t or heartache, stay single and don't date or have sex.

• i am single and you can add me if you are from india

What Girls Said 1

• Just go out and socialize.

Play group sports, take language classes, go to the library, volunteer, hit the gym, etc...

Just make yourself visible to guys :)