Tell current boyfriend that I once had sex with one of my friends before they meet?

I've been seeing my boyfriend for a while now and so far so good :) he's meeting some of my friends soon who live in my hometown (me and the boyfriend live in London but I'm from Nottingham originally) and I really hope it goes well because obviously I care a lot about my friends and my him. The only problem is that a few months before meeting my boyfriend I had a one night stand with one of the friends he is going to be meeting. It was a one off and was just a drunken night where I was upset over something and it just turned into something else. Me and the friend both agreed to act like it never happened though I do occasionally think about it. Not because I want it to happen again but more because the idea that I slept with this guy is so unbelievable as we've been friends for so long. Should I tell the new boyfriend about this or just keep quiet?

Most Helpful Guy

• If it was something that just happened once, he's more likely to take it in a good way than if you two actually used to go out and stuff. But it depends what kind of person he is, and how jealous he is.

I can't say for sure, but personally I don't think I would mind, as long as this friend respects me and knows that I'M with her right now, and that he shouldn't be trying any moves on her just to test my reaction and/or p*ss me off. I guess it really just depends on how the friend acts, really. And how you let him treat you.

If you two are super-close and hugging all the time and kissing each other on the cheek, I would get extra-jealous knowing that you two once slept together. But if you're just casual friends who like to hang out and chat and aren't clingy all the time, I wouldn't mind. I'd understand that the sex was just a one-time thing and trust it wouldn't happen again. ;o

I do know some guys tend to be more jealous than I am, though. So there's no way of knowing how your boyfriend is going to take it. Just keep in mind this isn't exactly something you HAVE to tell him if you don't want to.

• so you wouldn't mind standing next to a guy that f***ed you girlfriend before you, that's a big man, or a little man I can't decide

• What the hell am I supposed to do? Feel angry at him for having sex with my girlfriend when I didn't even know her? Beat him up about it? Tell her to not see him again? Tell HIM to not see her again? All of those things are pathetic. It's like I said in my post - unless my Girlfriend or the guy she slept with are all touchy and close with each other, there's no reason to get upset about it. I'm guessing that isn't what's going on because it would be EXTREMELY rude on the girlfriend's behalf.

What Guys Said 5

• ya if he aks or if it comes up def. be honest but I don't think id voluntarily tell him at least since you don't have feelings for the one nighnt stand guy and won't think it will happen again. but most guys do appreciate honesty and would feel relieved that your honest about it and will probably trust you more and feel the need to b honest with u. one way to look at it if the roles were reversed would you want him to tell you he once slept with his best female friend...if not...then don't divulge if you would want him to then do.

• yes of course you should, I would never date a girl that had sex with one of her friends if they were still in contact. I wouldn't make her feel bad about it its just something I don't want in my life and you should offer this information up before making him meet you friend. he should know you f***ed this guy before he ever meets and if you hang out with this guy, he should know youve f***ed him

• youre not lying to him but omitting this information if he finds out will be no good, what if they like each other and he finds out his new friend f***ed his girlfriend, this is not just your life anymore its also his you need to tell him something like this

• If you tell your boyfriend, you will never be able to hang out with this "friend" again.

• @misty, you are the worst kind of women, choosing what is best for a guy to justify you own shortcomings, what a great person

• Tell the truth when asked. But don't push details of your sexual past onto your partner.

What Girls Said 1

• Uh no. Put it like this...if he asks then answer honestly otherwise yep he will overthink it.