Texting girls first?

What do you girls think about guys who text you first, spontaneously, when you don't talk that frequently face to face? Is it creepy, or does it make us seem desperate?

Most Helpful Girl

• it depends on how you do it. be casual and don't ask too many questions and be a gd listener :)

What Girls Said 4

• do it! we love when guys text us first :)

• if you want to text her, text her. enough of this silly over-analyzing texts business!

• I don't think its creepy at all I actually prefer to have the guy text me first. It makes the girl think you think about her enough to wanna talk to her (:

• I think all girls like if a guy texts them first. Especially if it's spontaneous It just makes their day so much better when they aren't expecting it.

What Guys Said 1

• I was thinking of developing an iphone app that automatically logs who texted who first, the time between each text and stuff like that.

So let's say you text a girl first, then she doesn't reply for 10mins, it automatically disables you from texting her until at least 10mins pass. If she texts you first it automatically disables you from replying too soon so you don't look desperate, just remember she's probably using the app too so she'll know if you texted too soon.

Personally I like to pretend I'm busy so people think I'm important, if someone sends me a text I read it right away but then I pretend to do something then answer the text later. It's really helped my low-self esteem to wait before replying.

• why do you keep them hanging?

• that was a joke lol, sarcasm...

I just reply when I get a chance, I don't know why people log all this stuff about who texted who first and how much time passe, it's ridiculous and immature