Anyone try online dating?

I'm curious to see if any once has. I would try it but I would be to embarrassed to tell my family and friends about it or that I found my lover online...one of my really good friends is engaged to someone she met on match.com...good for her...but everyone laughs at her when she tells them where they met. I don't I support her but...YIKES! Anyone done online dating and if so how were your dates? did they become something more?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would be embarrassed too but lately my parents have been talking to me about looking at online dateing websites and I just don't want to.

• Your parents are suggesting it? I would be worried. Why would they do that?

• because I've been single for god knows how long and they are probaly worried or something.

What Guys Said 3

• Firstly why would you be embarrased? Secondly, online dating is great if your a girl. Its lik grocery shopping. You go through a oick what you want. Most sites have around 4 to10 guys per women. That being said, you see its great for girls but suckc for guys. Pretty much like dating in real life and just life in general. It sucks to be a man these days.

• DOnt be so hard on your self.

• Not being hard on myself. I'm just telling it like I see it.

• I have had friends that done it. Some have found really good matches, and are happily together still

• Yeah, I've done it. Married one. Big mistake. Better to date people in your social circle that you know a lot about already.

• Marriage?Whoa! why didn't it work if you were willing to marry them in the first place there must have been something there!

• Because I didn't take the time to get to know her and would have seen the red flags before I was committed. There were kids involved so I didn't want to unnecessarily put them through life upheaval.

What Girls Said 2

• I tried online dating. It was fun. I only went on one date and the guy was really nice and it went well but we didn't see each other again. Shortly after I found my current boyfriend through a family member so I didn't have to continue. I mostly signed up cause I was new to the city and thought it might be fun but I was a lot more nervous actually meeting the people.