You can honestly love more than one person at the same time, do you agree or disagree and why?

You can honestly love more than one person at the same time, Do you agree or disagree and why?

I currently believe to be in love with 2 people, its not fair for both but I'm having a hard time choosing I might decide not to go out with either.

• Agree
  • Disagree
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 21

• You cannot. You can have feelings for like million people, but love is not feeling. You can feel that buzz, but you cannot honestly want the best for one person and to be with him/her and to do the same with another. It is not possible. You are not honest with one! You don't want best for one. You might feel it. But you will [,well ... intentionally] , hurt one of them.

So I disagree! You cannot love two persons at once!

• Hopefully we love many people before we are through! But going out with more than one, it's not a great idea.

• You can love qualities about each those people, but you cannot be "in love" with 2 people at once.

You are taking advantage of both of them, which you have said. Also, reflect on how you got to loving two people and break it down logically.

After being one hurt by something like this, I am a bit bias. However, I would never believe that I can love 2 people at the same time.

• who says you can't be in love with more than one person at a time? who made these rules? what other feeling in the world is reserved for only one other person? none

• i was in high school these two girls that I liked in jr high then we became friends in high school and I fell in love with both of them sad/bad part was I could never choose it was unfair to pick so I did the best thing an not date both of them I regret it now but its too late

• I chose someone already .. even though its not fair I don't want to regret it

• yeah that's good

i should have just chosen

• You can love hundreds of people at a time, but only be in love with 1 at a time

• I don't agree that you can be inlove with 2 people though, because that becomes arrangement not love which is selfish.

• what allot of people are forgetting is that some places allow Polygamy witch involves more than one legial marrage. so yes it is possable to love more than one person. just let them know your into Polygamy but that might give them the right to find other women too.

• link a blog about the polygamy subject.

• from your link: "He estimates just six per cent of the population could handle the challenges and rewards of multiple spouses." One person in six thus would have to meet two other persons (each from those 6%) It can happen but the probability gets awfully small then: one poligamous "triple" in 216 (gross estimate based on the 6% mentioned) would be successful then. Those mathematics seem reasonably correct.

That high failure probability would explain why many societies outlawed it long ago.

• I'm not sure if it's the same link or another one that poligamous families tend to be abusive but that could be a biast comment.

• You can love more than one person at a time (ever see Sister Wives?) but as you say it's not fair to either of them because ideally somebody should be first. Whoever is not first in your life should not be strung along. While some may claim they can love different partners equally I somehow don't believe them.

Listen to the words of the Lovin' Spoonfu: link

• Depends on the love.

You can love multiple members of your family and friends at the same time.

You can't be in love with more than one person at a time, there's being in love and being in lust. Most people can't tell the difference though.

• yes you can love then one person. But love is different then being in love. Like you love your friends but you love your husband/wife or gf/bf

• That's not possible, you're not in love at all.

• Yep. Been there, done that. I didn't chose anybody out of the two. Neither one was right.

• love is ooooonly a feeeeling, drifting away...

I agree with RyanRyanson on this. But if both guys ARE cool with it then neither of them loves you.

• Love means doing what's in the best interest of the person you love, despite what you want. So you can't. Unless both guys are cool with it, then go for it.

• Agree its a very possible situation but as everything else in the world its frowned upon.

• Disagree. Because you would feel as if you are cheating the other by loving another.

• Agree because for me there's no such thing as love

• No such thing as love. Just differnt degrees of lust.

• “I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

Maya Angelou quote

• I disagreed om this..

What Girls Said 22

• I agree that you can.

I know for a fact that I "love" more than one person, and I haven't heard any logical explanation as to why the same couldn't be true for being "in love." "its not fair" won't suffice.

i think if you are thinking within the boundaries of monogamy, that's one thing, but that's also speaking from an attitude of cultural superiority, as some cultures embrace polyamory and many people see it as the best fit for their lives. you're basically telling them "your culture is wrong and your feelings are not real." that's a valid attitude in some cases, but I don't think this is one them.

• I'm bad at giving love advice but maybe you should ask yourself why you love both guys. I mean, eventually, your going to have to pick one. You can't have both. Lol think about being "second" lol it's not right. I would say if you want to be in a committed relationship chose the guy you want to spend the rest of your life with.

I've never liked 2 guys equally... But... I think you should chose the one you love the most.. The one you see yourself with and then completely drop the other guy so he can find himself another woman.. Lol

I think you should examine yourself, examine them, and let your heart lead you to whoever your supposed to be with, truly.

• In my opinion, the only difference between loving someone and being in love with someone is physical attraction. Therefore, if you're attracted to both of them and love them both (as friends or whatever) I completely believe that you can love them both. I was in love (and honestly still am) with 2 guys for years-an ex and a current boyfriend. But I could never go back with my ex, regardless of how much we care about each other.

• Love is a whole hearted investment into another human being. You cannot give two people all of you at the same time, therefore you cannot love two people at the same time.

• I think you can definitely love two people at a time. The idea that we are restricted to being in love with one person is something that has a lot of religious constraints surrounding it. I think being 'in love' is very much the same as loving someone with an added amount of physical attraction and commitment, on your part. However to be in a situation where you don't need to sacrifice one of them both would need to be aware of the other and accepting of it.

And when people say that you would be 'in love' with one of them and only love the other they may simply be refering to something like you having better conversation with one giving many people the impression that you are closer and love him more than the other person.

In my opinion there are several types of love -- the love you feel for your parents, for your friends, for your children, for acquaintances and for your partners. In every other type of love it is agreed that you can love those people equally and fully (ever had more than one best friend? Or have two children that you love?) Yes, you may get different things out of each relationship but that doesn't lessen or greaten their worth. I don't understand why when it comes to partners people's ideals on love change -- you can love and be 'in love' with as many people as you allow yourself to.

• I think you can love more than one person at the same time, but I don't think you can be "in love" with more than one at the same time.

If you really search your gut, deep down inside, you can tease out which one your have your true feelings for. And you may even find that you aren't "in love" with either. There is a difference between loving someone and being in love.

Take some time and even make a list if you have to. I found myself in that same situation years ago. Take your time and you will find your answer.

• well jacob thinks so, but bella obviously has always loved edward more, therefore no you can't. You can feel strongly for someone else but its just not the same. And if you do feel your in love with someone else, perhaps your love for the first guy was not as strong as you thought.

• My theory is... If you can love two of your children at the same time, you are more than capable of loving two men at the same time. As for your situation... if the GUYS are making it hard on YOU, then maybe neither is the best answer. If it is just YOU making it hard on THEM, you may as well make a choice

• I have love for lots of people, but I only am in love with one person. I have a big heart, but not that big. I don't think it would be fair to either people to be in love with two people.

• 'if you really loved the first person, you wouldn't have fell for the second person'

• I think it's extremely possible! I'm having this same problem! You should choose whoever you have the best chemistry with, someone who makes your emotions fly in both good or bad, just plain wild directions! I hate being in this situation too. I'm in it right now, and I've also been thinking about going with neither.

Maybe I'll just be single and be horny with whoever I want...

• I can't speak for other people, but I know I can only be in love with one person at a time. I can have shallow emotions for multiple people, but when it comes to something that deep, I only have enough room in my heart for one person.

• Agree. It is just human nature. What a person does when it happens to them is what makes them a good or bad person. You show maturity in this matter and I think you will make the right decision

• If you really loved the first person, you wouldn't have had the time to fall in love with the second. So I disagree. Loving someone and being in love may have a sheer distinction but love is still love.

• yes you can, but it wouldn't be love in my opinion then

• I don't think you can love both intensely but you can love both not as intensely if that makes any sense

• Real love? No. Crush? Yes. When you're in love, you want to be with that one man or woman and only that one. Noone else, period.

• That has got to be one of the most selfish things a human could possibly do.

• i read a quote somewhere that said "if you love two people and don't know which to pick, pick the second, because if you REALLY loved the first, you wouldn't have fallen for the second."

• yes because there are different types of love

• Yes you can be in love with two people at the same time.I was but it turned out to a very unfortunate situation because they were brothers

• ouch.. can't even play both sides on that one for a bit...

• If you have a hard time choosing one of then, then none of them is right for you.

I can only love one man deeply and unconditionally at a given time.