Guys if you text an ex late at night, what does that mean? (we don't talk)

My ex I'm "friends" with randomly text me at like 12:30 and I haven't talked to him in months. And I'm confused.

• Saw something on Facebook and missed them
  • Honestly just wanted to check in
  • It was late and looking for a hookup.
  • Something happened that reminded me of them.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would assume he was thinking about me and missing me...or maybe horny or a mixture of both. maybe he was bored?

it could honestly be anything but I have to say it is very confusing to an ex when someone does that you just wanna know why and what prompted them to contact you.

dumb question but did you think to ask him? a simple "how come you're texting me after so long?" he probably wouldn't be honest but you never know if he was contacting you then maybe he was vulnerable enough to tell you why or at least be honest and say he doesn't know he just wanted to chat with you.

What Guys Said 5

• He doesn't think you want to talk, but he misses you. Touching really. I'm sure he hopes you'll respond.

• he's drunk. I would be almost positive that's it and there could be a number of reasons (or lack thereof) for him doing it.

• No sh*t, Sherlock. Of yourse you don't talk if you're texting. Use the goddamn phone for how it's intended for once. You're too afraid to talk to him, aren't you? If you still like your ex, get back together. Orthwise move on.

• E. I don't.

• something happened and I must tell her

What Girls Said 6

• I'm curious what did he say what did you reply have you found out the reason yet why he contacted I have a similar issue and am interested too

• umm... sorry, but... how are we supposed to know?

• Just asking for why most guys would do this.

• there's no majority answer here.

• It really depends on the context your conversation. If he simply said "hey what's up" chances are he was just bored and wanting to what's up but if he asked a lot of question about you, had a deep convo etc than he could miss you.

• 1. If he is just making casual conversation could mean A, B or D

2. If he's drunk and asking you to come over or anything like that then probably C

• Insomnia, boredom, no one else has replied back so you're his last resort, he misses you, he just simply wants to talk to you.. It can be ANYTHING.

• He is horny